Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Wordless Wednesday...Except with Words!

I know, I know it's been a while since I've blogged.
And I apologize!
The long term sub job that I mentioned earlier last month has been extended this month and could very well continue for several more.
I'm not complaining because it's only in the afternoons (11:30 to 3:30), it's easy money, I get to see all of my old teaching buddies, and it's a job...since it looks as if the part time tutoring position that I had last year was cut due to the budget being cut TWICE!
Anyway...here's what we've been up to this past week!
Operation Bye Bye Paci 2010!
B&B have only been getting it during naps and at night for months now, but I decided it was time for them to get rid of them for good.
Don't get me wrong, it was hard, but it was time.
I think it was harder on me than them...maybe because it was the only thing "baby" they had left to get rid of (besides potty training)!
Thanks to Nana and PaPa's neighbors big, fat, black cat and thanks to Nana for coming up with such a creative story, Operation Bye Bye Paci 2010 was a HUGE SUCCESS!
Last Wednesday, B&B were at Nana and PaPa's house and Nana put them down for a nap without their paci.
Brooks was worn out and fell asleep in no time at all and Burkley needed a little TLC because she wanted her paci.
So, Nana was walking around the house patting her and that's when it all happened!
The Bettison's big, fat, black cat was walking in the driveway and Nana showed Burkley the cat and told her that it took the paci!
Funny, sad...call it what you want, but I'm telling you it's worked!
And it's worked for a week!
They (mainly Burkley) ask for it at night, but when I remind them of the big, fat, black cat taking it, they say "oh, okay" and that's the end of it!
Soooooo gald that battle is over!
Next up...Operation Bye Bye Diapers 2010!
YEAH RIGHT...more like 2011!

4 comments:

Marissa said...

SO PROUD OF B&B!!! Not sure when I'll attempt that with Justin...like you said, its the only "baby" I have left besides diapers :(

Holly said...

Ha, so funny! When we were kids we had a little mut "Chester". My mom was just telling me the other day that w/ all 3 of us kids she just cut the nipple off the binkie & said that Chester ate it. We loved Chester so it was ok & that was the end of it.
Our moms are so smart!!!

Anonymous said...

Great job!! My girls never took paci's, so I got a break there, but these diapers... I can't imagine trying to get rid of them! Glad we're a couple of months behind y'all so you can show me how it's done ;)

Elizabeth said...

We did BYE bye paci's last week too! I need to post about it. We have had a few rough moments but SOOOOO much better than I thought!