Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Catching Up

Okay, I don't think I will EVER be able to catch up on a year's worth of blogging and I hate that.  My goal for this year is to attempt to blog or post pictures on my blog at least once a week or every other week, but I'm not making any promises.  With a full time job, building a new home, raising a family, and attending grad school, there's just not a lot of extra time in the day for me to play. 

On a positive note, I have officially survived my first full year of grad school with a 4.0 (with my lowest grade being a 94).   It definitely hasn't been easy...there's been a lot of tears, a lot of questioning if it's even worth it, and I've had to sacrifice a lot, but as I'm nearing the end of this crazy journey (hello summer 2013...4 classes to go), I'm realizing that it will be totally worth it and in 10 years from now, I'll be glad I did it when the kiddos were young!  Of course, I give a lot of credit to my amazing  husband, my parents, and my in laws for their encouragement along the way.  They've helped with the kiddos so that I could have time to study and complete assignments, have cooked dinner for us on multiple occasions, and have even done our laundry for us just to help out!  My classes start up again this coming Monday, so it's back to the grind!  I just keep telling myself 4 more classes (and a lot of other crazy internship activities and trainings).

Construction also began on our new home back in November!  Mother Nature has slowed us down a bit with all of the wet weather, but things are moving right along.  The kiddos are excited about their new house and ask almost daily if it's time to move in!  

Hope everyone had a Happy New Year!  We have so many things to look forward to in 2013!!

1 comment:

Marissa said...

can't wait to see the new house!