Well, it has been one busy week around here and I'm just getting around to updating my blog (sorry to those of you who are "faithful blog stalkers" and have been waiting on the update). I went to ANOTHER appointment on Thursday and I was not a happy camper when I left. I learned that my uterine lining is not quite thick enough, it's measuring at a 6 and the doctor wants it to be at least a 7. I was told that there could be 4 possible reasons why it is not thick enough just yet...here they are!
1. The Lupron injection that I take once a day could have just not worked and I ovulated. This doesn't make sense to me being that Lupron is the drug that causes there to be no activity in my ovaries, therefore, I should not ovulate. I'm currently on my second vial of this expensive drug estimating around $500.00 (this is with the discount card that Walgreens signed me up for)...so IT SHOULD WORK RIGHT?!?!?!
2. I may just need to continue taking the hormone Estrace a little longer (he seems to think that one more week on this will thicken my lining).
3. I may need to up the dosage of Estrace (I'm currently taking it 3 times a day).
4. It may just not be a "good" month and we will have to discontinue the use of all drugs, have a few normal cycles, and start all over again! I'm thinking...HOW CAN IT NOT BE A GOOD MONTH IF MY BODY IS BEING CONTROLLED BY ALL OF THESE DRUGS?!?!?
After the ultrasound was more blood work, which doesn't seem to bother me now! They are testing to see where my hormone levels are and if they look good, I will just continue taking Lupron once a day and Estrace 3 times a day.
Around 4:00, I called the office to get the results of my lab work (which I NEVER have to do because they ALWAYS call me with the lab results and my instructions). The fill in nurse informed me that they would have to call me back later because they were not in yet. So, I waited patiently for the results!
FRIDAY, February 29th (around 8:30 AM)
By this point, I'm outraged because they never returned my call and I need to know my instructions. The nurse informed me that my lab results look good and I'm to continue Lurpon and Estrace the same (my estrogen level was high and progesterone level was low, so that is good). I was a little scared at first because the nurse told me that the doctor needed to talk to my neurologist about something...she obviously had me confused with another patient and it took us several minutes to straighten out all of that. I have never been to a neurologist, but I may need to after all of this is said and done!
So, I go back next Thursday for another ultrasound and more lab work. Please pray, pray, pray that the lining of my uterus is thick enough and at a 7. If this is the case, I will begin Progesterone injections (which I have missed dearly...YEAH RIGHT) and should be ready for another transfer the following week...at least I'm hoping!
Please keep the prayers coming and don't forget to leave me a message so I know you visited my blog! Take care and have a great week (it's going to be a great week for teachers...let's SURVIVE TAKS on Wednesday)!
XOXO~
Hayley
Snow days in Texas
8 years ago

1 comment:
hi hayley....just wanted to let you know i visited your blog. it sounds like this is much easier than emails. I'm hoping and praying for you that everything goes well this time around. good luck with work this week and keep us "posted". Love from cali, Lisa
Post a Comment