Thursday, March 6, 2008

Dr. Appointment 3-6-2008

This morning I had another appointment with Dr. Grunert to check the lining of my uterus (last week it was measuring around a 6 and he would like for it to measure at least a 7 in order to transfer). Unfortunately, the lining did not thicken over the past week as we were hoping... it actually decreased in size. The ultrasound measured in three different places and the measurements are as follows: 4 1/2, 5, and 5 1/2. So with this being said, we will not be transferring embroys next week (bummer...but oh well). For some reason, my body is just not ready right now and there's nothing that I can do or could have done to make the outcome any different. I will continue the Lupron injections once a day and decrease the Estrace to twice daily for the next ten days. On the eleventh day, I will begin taking Prometrium, which will allow me to begin a new cycle. Once this happens, I will go back and we will start the process again.

I was a little upset with the prognosis today, but I feel the doctor is doing what is best. If we were to transfer the embroys next week, they would not be able to attach to the uterine lining and the transfer would not be successful...so I just have to continue to be patient (which is VERY difficult when you want something so bad and your body does not want to cooperate). I think this is just God's way of preparing all of us for...THE SCOTT QUADS! What do you think?!?!?

I'm counting down the days until SPRING BREAK. One more week to go..thank goodness and YIPPIE! Take care and have a great weekend!

Love~
Hay

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Bummer is right!!! I just knew when I scrolled up to the March 6 visit I was going to read "my lining is now a 7". Ya'll have my prayers. Love ~ Rachel

Jane said...

Hayley, I know it's easy for me to say but try not to stress out about your recent news. Your lining will get to where it needs to be in due time.

Have you tried taking a yoga class? It is absolutely wonderful for relieving anxiety and putting your body into complete relaxation mode:-)

Keep your hope alive! Love ya girlie! Abby