Monday, April 7, 2008

Long Time NO Blog

Hello everyone! I know it's been a super long time since I have posted an update and I do apologize for that. YIPPIE...I FINALLY started my period last Monday (March 31st) and I never thought I would be SO excited. I had a doctors appointment this morning and I assumed I would have lab work done and an ultrasound, but boy was I WRONG. As it turns out, I was scheduled for a hysterosonogram today (I had no clue this was going to take place). I was extremely nervous about having this done (especially since I was all alone...I didn't know if I would be able to handle this without having my mom or Cory there with me), but it was a lot easier than I anticipated. The doctor inserted a catheter and used water to "blow up" my uterus. This allowed him to see if there were any polyps in my uterus. Good news is...everything is NORMAL...THANK GOD! If the outcome would have been different, it would have explained why the embryo's did not attach and grow the first IVF transfer. Note to self...if you ever have to have this procedure done, make sure you sit in the up-right position for a few minutes before standing and trying to get dressed. Water that is forced in must come out...wasn't expecting that, but I had a good laugh (all by myself)! Tonight I get to being taking Estrace again once a day for a week, then I will bump it up to twice a day for a week. I will also begin taking an antibiotic as well as a low dose steroid until my next appointment on the 21st of this month. Hopefully my uterine lining will respond to the medication since we are doing it much "slower" this time. If not, I was informed by my doctor that I will have another test done...but this one will take place in the OR. PLEASE pray that my uterine lining decides to respond this time because I really don't want to take a trip to the OR UNLESS I'm having another embryo transfer.

On the other hand, Cory and I (and Holly) were able to spend the entire day on Sunday out by the pool. The water was still pretty chilly, but that didn't stop Cory and Holly from getting in. After hanging my feet in the pool for several minutes, I was able to move to the first step, then the second step, and then I was able to get all the way into the shallow end. It was chilly, but at the same time, it was pretty refreshing. My parents came over to enjoy the afternoon with us and Cory and I fixed the most delicious meal (filet's, baked potatoes, salad, rolls, and the best part of all...Oreo balls). Needless to say, we were all stuffed!

Well, I better get going so that I can get my things ready for work tomorrow. It sure was nice having the day off. After the appointment, I treated myself to a small shopping spree! Take care and enjoy your week. Don't forget to pray that my uterine lining responds this time to the medication!

XOXO~
Hayley =)

1 comment:

Tarah said...

I am sending positive thoughts & prayers your way! I wanted to let you know how much I admire you for being so brave & strong during this long process you have endured. Thank you for being such a loving Godmother to Luke. I know you & Cory will be amazing parents!
Love You Both,
Tarah