Tuesday, April 29, 2008

And the Fun Begins

So, the wonderful Progesterone shots began on Saturday. I wasn't really worried about it until right before it took place. Cory kept asking me "Are you ready" and I kept telling him NO that I needed a few more minutes (I think I was worried that my cheek wasn't 100% numb). After I got a piece of gum to chew on, I was ready (I guess it helps me with concentration). No worries...it didn't even hurt!! Cory did forget how hard it is to push the medicine in...it's an oil and it has a little more resistance then the other injections he has given me. He's a pro at giving shots...I love the way he walks me through the entire process. "Okay, you're about to feel a little poke". Soon followed by "All done". So far, so good...other than the injection sites being extremely sore. I have included several pictures that my mom took of the injection process on Sunday. Notice how BEAUTIFUL her new kitchen is!!! Everything turned out really nice, but I have to admit...I'm going to miss the mauve counters!!! Enjoy the pictures and sorry if I'm showing too much ba-donk-a-donk (I have to document this entire process)!!!

Dr. McDreamy getting ready to put that entire needle in my muscle!!!


Why am I smiling?!?! Maybe because Maw Maw is about to pass out. Notice she's covering her eyes and trying not to look. She didn't want to see me in pain. That long needle has to go ALL the way in. OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting tomorrow I will increase the Progesterone from 1/2 cc to 1 cc. It has been a very busy week at work, and yes, it's only Tuesday. I was pulled today for TAKS testing, which meant I have had to prepare sub plans for 3 days this week (and just in case you don't know...preparing sub plans is a difficult task). I have uploaded all of my grades in the computer since I have to export progress reports before I leave on Wednesday and I have to finish printing out the sub plans for Thursday and Friday. For the most part, everything is ready to go...I just need to go back and double check to make sure I didn't leave out anything important. Mom and I have a massage scheduled tomorrow evening, so hopefully I will be stress free and ready for Thursday. I have to call mid-morning Thursday to check on the "thaw" process of our "embies" and I'm scheduled to be there at 12:30. I feel so ready for this transfer (not that I wasn't last time, but I'm so much more relaxed and haven't stressed out about it this time). Please keep Cory and I along with our embryo's in your thoughts and prayers the next few weeks. Our hope is that the embryo's will attach to my uterine lining and continue to grow as a healthy baby or healthy babies.
Depending on how I feel, I will post an update after the transfer. Cory will be leaving early Friday morning, so I will have my mom here to pamper me all weekend. I'll be here on the couch if anyone wants to stop by to visit!!!
XOXO~
Hayley =)

2 comments:

Kelly & Robby said...

There was one thing missing in that picture at your mom's house??? A golden pup :)

We are thinking about you...we MUST be pregnant together! Everything else about us is the same!

Kelly

Tarah said...

Hope everything goes well for ya'll today! Can't wait to keep you company tomorrow - Let me know if you need ANYTHING!! Be sure to REST, REST, REST!!
Love you!
Tarah