Sunday, May 4, 2008

GROW Baby GROW

Embryo transfer number 2 took place Thursday, May 1st at approximately 1:15 PM. I was scheduled to be there at 12:30, but there was another transfer scheduled before me, so I had to wait a few minutes. Waiting was not a problem since my husband wasn't there yet! He ended up having to meet my mom and I up there because he was in the middle of waiting on a family and wouldn't leave (I waited for about 15 minutes and then had to leave so that I wouldn't be late)!!! No worries, he made it just in time (my mom was a little upset that he ended up making it in time because she knew that she was about to watch the entire transfer).


Everything went well. Dr. Grunert showed Cory and I the two embryo's up on the screen and he commented on how healthy and good they looked, so we were both pleased with that (keep in mind that not all embryo's survive the "freeze-thaw" process and I actually had to call around 10:00 AM to check to make sure everything was still on schedule...this made me a little nervous). My bladder was extremely full again, but I wasn't in as much pain as last time. We watched as the embryologist "loaded" the embryo's into the catheter and then watched Dr. Grunert push the little embies into my uterus on the ultrasound monitor. This was so AMAZING!!! The nurse was pointing to each embryo as he pushed them into me and we followed them with her finger on the screen as they bounced off my bladder. To give you a mental picture of what it looked like, just think of a shooting star. It was such an incredible thing to see. Once the doctor was finished, he gave the catheter to the embryologist and she checked it under a microscope to make sure the embryo's were out and they were. I was then allowed to get up and use the potty! I laid down for about 20 minutes or so and then I was released to come home. I have been on the couch since Thursday afternoon and have been able to catch up on some much needed sleep (and I still seem to be tired). Thanks to everyone who came over to visit and keep me company or called to check on me. And a special thanks to my WONDERFUL mom who stayed the entire weekend with me since Cory was out of town. She did EVERYTHING for me and took such great care of me. We looked forward to the evenings because my dad would come over and bring us dinner and then we met him this morning for breakfast!! Holly enjoyed her Grammy staying the weekend too because she got to get on the bed with her in the mornings...something she hasn't done sine we moved into our house!!!

Here are a few pictures that my mom took on the day of our second transfer. I have no make-up on, so beware!!! As far as how I'm feeling, so far, so good. I've been taking it easy this time around, so hopefully that's a good thing. Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers for the next few weeks. My next appointment is on the 15th of this month...so we will continue to pray and keep our fingers crossed!!!

Don't you just love my beautiful gown?
I'm still waiting for my husband to show up!

Me being silly!!!
My mom said I looked like a pizza delivery boy with that hat!!!
My outfit is now complete and I'm ready to get the show on the road...
STILL waiting on Cory to get here!!!
Oh look... He FINALLY made it!!!
We are now BOTH ready
to
get the show on the road!!!
Don't we look cute?!?!?
Take care and have a great week!! Will keep you posted on everything.
Love~
Hay

No comments: