Thursday, May 29, 2008

We've Got the BEAT!!

Our appointment this morning was GREAT!! Everything measured out perfectly and we were able to SEE and HEAR both babies heartbeats. It was totally AMAZING. For some reason I just thought we would be able to see it, I had no I idea we would be able to hear it too. It was such an incredible sound! If you look carefully at the ultrasound pictures, you will notice that they are no longer called "Sac 1 and Sac 2"...they are now called "Baby 1 and Baby 2"! We go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound just to see how they both are growing. Take a look at the previous post...look how much they have grown in 1 week!

As for me, I'm really looking forward to next Friday. I've been marking off each day in my planner for over a month now and it's finally getting closer! I can't wait to hang out by the pool, relax, and go shopping...I'm going to need bigger clothes in no time at all! Oh well! For the most part, I've been feeling okay. I've had a few rough mornings lately and a few rough afternoons, but it just comes and goes. The main symptom that I have is food aversions. YUCK...nothing sounds good to me at all and I know that I need to feed these babies (well, they must be getting something from me because look how much they grew in one week). I can be starving to death and once I decided on what I actually want, I either don't eat it or I just pick at it. It's so crazy! Hopefully that will pass soon (even sweets sound gross to me and that is SO not normal)!!

Here are the ultrasound pictures from today!!

Close up view of "Baby 1" (notice it is no longer called Sac 1)
It is measuring around 7.04 mm long

Here is Baby 1's HEARTBEAT!
It was beating around 129 bpm (which is within the average range for now)

Close up view of "Baby 2"
It is measuring around 6.56 mm long

Here is Baby 2's HEARTBEAT!
It was beating around 127 bmp (again within the average range for now)
If you didn't notice, I have added a poll to the top of my blog. Make sure to cast your vote on what you think the sex of the Scott Twins will be!! This is going to be so exciting! Oh, I also wanted to mention that my friend Kelly is also pregnant!! We are exactly 2 weeks apart...isn't that so crazy? It's going to be so fun experiencing this journey with her!
XOXO~
Hayley, Cory, Holly, Baby 1 and Baby 2

1 comment:

Kelly & Robby said...

Ok, I voted both boys! Because you are such a girly girl...that would be my luck to have 2 boys. That's my guess! How did you get that vote thing on your web page anyway? I want to do it too!

Kelly