Sunday, June 22, 2008

Better LATE Than NEVER!

Okay, okay, okay! So I am REALLY late at posting the update about the last doctor visit and I truly apologize. Things were a little crazy last week and they haven't been much better this week either. I have been experiencing morning sickness ALL DAY LONG since Tuesday or Wednesday of this past week and I've basically been on the couch since then. Today is the first day that I have been able to get up, move around, and leave the house for a short while. I never knew I would be so excited to go to the grocery store. My mom and I have come to the conclusion that I'm letting my stomach get too empty before eating again...which may be causing the nausea. I know that I need to eat, but it's been really hard because of how awful I feel and I have no desire to eat. So...I bought a lot of snacks today at the store and I'm just going to make myself eat constantly (Cory has been in and out all afternoon and every time he comes in, I'm snacking on something different...he just keeps laughing). He's been quite the trooper. I had a really rough night on Thursday and let's just say that I didn't make it to the bathroom in time! He cleaned up everything and never once complained!

I'm sure you are wondering about the Scott Twins! Let me tell you that they are growing like weeds. Cory and I were truly amazed at how much they had grown in just 2 weeks. Everything looks great and I am totally OFF all my hormones! No more shots and no more pills (besides prenatal vitamins and calcium). This is a HUGE milestone...and it's probably another reason why I'm so nauseated because my hormones are working 100% now!!! Dr. Grunert was really impressed with how everything looks and acts like our next appointment (which is this Thursday) will be our final visit with him and I will be able to go back to Dr. Mike. Again, this is another milestone, but it will be kind of sad leaving there I think. This man made our dreams come true and we have so much to thank him for! Here are the pictures of of sweet peas!

Baby 1
Now measuring 20.61 mm
Baby 1's Heartbeat
174 bpm
(Dr. Grunert said at this point, it should be between 140-180 bpm)
Baby 2
Now measuring 21.08 mm
Baby 2's Heartbeat
170 bpm

Now...does anyone want to change their mind about the sex of the twins? For some reason I have had several dreams this past week that they are both GIRLS. Everyone keeps telling me that it's 2 girls because of the high heart rate...some say it's a myth, but who knows! Here's a funny conversation that Cory and I had the other evening.
H: Seriously, what are you going to do at the ultrasound if they say it's 2 girls?
C: Pause...Well, I'm going to know that God really doesn't like me.
H: So, are you going to be mad?
C: No, there's not a doubt in my mind that it's NOT 2 girls. I'm just going to have to deal with it for the next 30 years!
H: So, deep down, you really think it's 2 girls.
C: YES...I really think it's 2 girls!!!

We will just have to wait a few more weeks to see. Honestly, we both don't care what they are...just as long as they are both healthy babies. If they are girls, Holly has requested that their names be Molly and Polly so that they rhyme with her name...but, I really don't think she's going to win that battle.

I go back to the doctor this Thursday and Dr. Grunert said that we should be able to see arms, legs, and movement. I can't wait to see those little miracles move around inside me! Take care and have a great week. Will update again on the twins after my appointment this week.

XOXO~ Hayley

No comments: