Thursday, May 15, 2008

Are You Ready for This?

Today is finally May 15th...the day I have been waiting for patiently for 2 weeks. My appointment wasn't until 10:45, but we decided to leave the house around 7:15 or so, so that we could have the lab work done, run a death certificate to Vitals, and then go back and wait for our scheduled appointment. Well, it didn't really go like that. The nurse came out and told us to go have the blood work done and then come back to the "big" waiting room for about 15 minutes and then move to the "smaller" waiting room. Around 9:00 or so, we met with Dr. Grunert and he basically went over everything that took place during the transfer (the number of embryo's transferred, the thickness of my uterine lining, and how many embryo's we have left...which is 3). He then told us just to cross our fingers, hope for the best, and call back this afternoon around 3:00. I was thinking "Are you kidding me"? and "How on earth am I going to make it until 3"? So we left, went to Vitals to drop off the death certificate and headed back home where we waited not so patiently. The time went by SO SLOW and Cory and I were both going crazy...my stomach was killing me and I couldn't even eat!
So at 2:58 (after going to the restroom AGAIN, getting a drink of water, and grabbing a piece of gum for concentration) I dialed the number to the office. When the nurse got on the phone, I told her my name and that I was calling to get the results. So after what seemed like an hour, she finally said this...Oh, my. Your numbers are 3, 211. Congratulations Hayley, you are VERY PREGNANT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At first, I didn't even know what to say because I couldn't believe it. After congratulating me numerous times, she told me that we needed to schedule an appointment for an ultrasound next week.
Next Thursday, Cory and I along with both of our mom's will be going to our first ultrasound appointment. We are hoping to see just how many little Scott babies are growing in there. I honestly can't believe it. This has been our dream now for almost 4 years now and it has finally come true. After we hung up the phone with the nurse, Cory and I just sat on the couch together and cried our eyes out and then I could hardly even talk when I called my parents, in-laws, and friends/family. Cory and I were seriously on the phone this evening from about 3:05 to 5:30 calling everyone to inform them of this WONDERFUL news!!!! Besides waiting all day, this has been the best day ever...it still seems so weird...I'm actually pregnant!
I want to thank each of you for all of your thoughts and prayers during this long, stressful, and emotional journey. We really would not have been able to do it without all of the love and support. We truly feel blessed and thank God for giving us this wonderful miracle or miracles. Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers...please pray that the embies are healthy and continue to grow! I will keep everyone updated on this entire journey and I will be sure to update next week after the ultrasound appointment.

Much love~
Cory, Hayley, Big Sister Holly and Baby Scott/Scott's

Oh My Goodness...We are FINALLY going to be parents!!!!

1 comment:

Tarah said...

I have been anxiously awaiting this post!!...To say that I'm excited for the two of you is such an understatement! I can't wait to celebrate your miracle with you throughout your pregnancy. You and Cory are going to be the best parents...we love you both!!!
Tarah, Matt & Luke