Saturday, September 27, 2008

Okay, Okay...

I've been reminded by many of my "blog stalker friends" that I need to update and I agree. With the hurricane and all of that, I just kind of pushed updating my blog to the back burner. Please forgive me!

On Thursday, September 18th, I had my second appointment with Dr. Rowe and it was wonderful. This time it was just my mom and I because Cory was too busy at work and Nana (Cory's mom) was still in Ft. Worth because of the hurricane. Both babies are growing like weeds and look great. Brooks weighed 1 pound 5 ounces and Burkley weighed 1 pound 1 ounce. Dr. Rowe mentioned several times that we have one feisty little girl growing inside there...so we all better watch out!! She was literally all over the place and leaves hardly any room for poor little Brooks to move around. He's all crammed up against my left side. He even warned me that Brooks may come out a little swollen and/or bruised because Burkley kicked him right in the family jewels...and we have that and her putting her behind right in his face on video! Towards the end of the ultrasound, mom and I got to see Miss Priss suck her thumb or fingers, yawn, and hiccup. Brooks was moving around also and had his hands around his face...but I think he was just hiding out and trying to stay out of the way!!

This past Thursday, I had my regular check up with Dr. Mike which meant it was time to step on the scale again. I gained 5 pounds in about 3 1/2 weeks...making it 14 pounds total in almost 6 months (I will be 24 weeks on Monday). Not too bad at all for having 2 babies growing inside me. I feel like my belly is getting bigger and bigger each day, but it's still not as big as everyone thought it was going to be. I go back to Dr. Mike in 2 weeks for the glucose test and another ultrasound and then the following week I will see Dr. Rowe again. Please pray that I pass the glucose test...don't really want to do the 3 hour test and I would rather not have to give myself anymore shots!

I do have ultrasound pictures from last week, but I have yet to scan them into the computer. I will do that soon and post recent belly pictures...I promise. I received an email yesterday confirming that the bedding has been shipped, so it should be here early next week. I can't wait for it to get here!!! I'll try to get those ultrasound pictures scanned this weekend and update again...I just got a new computer yesterday and I'm trying to back up all of my pictures on CD's to keep, so it may be a few days.

Take care!!

No comments: