Thursday, October 9, 2008

25 Week Appointment

Just thought I'd give you a quick update on today's appointment with Dr. Mike. I had my glucose test this morning and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I passed. The lady taking my blood told me that if I didn't hear back from them then I passed...so hopefully I won't get that dreaded phone call telling me that I have to come on for the 3 hour test. Pray that I pass.

On to the good news...I have gained ZERO pounds in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPIE for me. The nurse was so excited for me, which made me excited...and then when Dr. Mike came in singing me praises and telling me how proud he was of me, I became even more excited. I did have a quick ultrasound today too. Dr. Mike is very pleased with Brooks and Burkley's progress and can't believe how similar in size they are. He said they are "packed in tight" and are competing for space in my belly!!! He just kept commenting how great they look and how exciting it is to have two healthy babies almost the same exact size growing in there (usually one twin is quite a bit smaller...but not these two).

Something to think about...Monday I will be 26 weeks. Dr. Rowe and Dr. Mike would like for me to at least carry Brooks and Burkley to 36 weeks (which is considered full term for multiples). Are you doing the math in your head? Yeah, in 10 weeks or so (we hope not any earlier) our little miracles will be here!!! Please continue to pray for a healthy pregnancy and that our sweet babies are strong, healthy, full term babies.

Besides my wonderful sinuses, I'm feeling good. They (sinuses) usually haunt me starting October 1st, but they decided to hold off a few days until today. Although Dr. Mike told me a few over the counter medications I could take, I'm trying my hardest not to take anything. So far, I've been able to handle it...hopefully it will continue to stay that way.

That's about all for now. I have an appointment next week with Dr. Rowe and I can't wait. His ultrasound machine is so clear and I can't wait to see my darlings!! Take care and enjoy this wonderful weather.

Love ya~
Hay

No comments: