To say that we had a BLAST at the beach this past weekend is an under statement. Cory and the kids and I headed down there Thursday afternoon, my parents met us there on Friday afternoon, and Nana came down for a few days on Saturday afternoon. When we first arrived (Thursday afternoon), I thought it was going to be a looooooooong weekend because the seaweed was so thick and was still washing in. And not to mention it STUNK! It pays to know someone that works down there let me tell ya! All it took was a sweet little Facebook message and a phone call and the beach in front of our neighborhood was scraped! The seaweed was still rolling in on Friday, so we let the kiddos play on the slip and slide at the house and by Saturday, it seemed to be slacking off.
We were lucky enough to spend a few days at the beach with the DeSanto family. They just moved to Forney and it just so happened that they were going to be down at their fish camp the same weekend, so we made it a point to get together. Anthony is 2 weeks older than B&B (and he was even Burkley's pod mate in the NICU) and little Miss Avery is 4 months old and is just as precious as she can be!
Brooks fell in love with Miss. Tassie this weekend! Looks like Uncle Mark is going to have some competition!!
Brooks was the "ladies" man this weekend on the beach. He loved playing washers, digging in the sand, sitting on the "boat ski", and playing in the water. Little man was WORE out every day!
The beach was PACKED. All you could see for miles and miles were tents hooked together. We enjoyed our little neighborhood block party on the beach!
Burkley had a BLAST on the beach this weekend too. She wasn't a huge fan of the seaweed (she's just like her momma) and really didn't want anything to do with the water until the last full day on the beach. She enjoyed playing washers, digging in the sand with her cousins, and taking naps on the beach!
Brooks showing off his washer skills! He's going to be a pro in just a few years!
I just LOVE the middle picture of Burkley! She sat and dug in the sand for HOURS! And nothing cools you off better than a big ol' rocket pop!
Various pictures of everyone having some fun in the sun/shade!
And this just blew my mind! My little ones, along with their cousin Karson and friend Anthony, were playing with little dead fish that were on the beach. I was in shock that both of mine were even touching them, especially Burkley. They had fun playing with them and I guess that's all that matters. And don't worry, I made sure their hands were clean afterwards!
On the last day, I realized that I was the one taking all the pictures, therefore, I wasn't going to be in any. So, to document that I was indeed part of the July 4th beach party, I had my mom snap a few pictures! And if you look closely at the pictures of everyone in the water, you will notice Brooks. Yep, he decided that he wanted to venture out on the last day! He kept saying that he wanted to go deeper!!
Can you tell which 2 pictures Brooks took all by himself?
The ice cream man had to have made a killing this weekend. He drove up and down the beach all day long! We for sure kept him in business!
If you can't tell from the collage of pictures, we had a BLAST at the beach!!! It's so nice having a place to go to relax and hang out with family and friends. I love that B&B love the beach just as much as I did when I was their age. I can't wait to make more memories at the beach with them! Hope everyone had a fantastic 4th just like our family!
Burkley had a BLAST on the beach this weekend too. She wasn't a huge fan of the seaweed (she's just like her momma) and really didn't want anything to do with the water until the last full day on the beach. She enjoyed playing washers, digging in the sand with her cousins, and taking naps on the beach!
Brooks showing off his washer skills! He's going to be a pro in just a few years!
I just LOVE the middle picture of Burkley! She sat and dug in the sand for HOURS! And nothing cools you off better than a big ol' rocket pop!
Various pictures of everyone having some fun in the sun/shade!
And this just blew my mind! My little ones, along with their cousin Karson and friend Anthony, were playing with little dead fish that were on the beach. I was in shock that both of mine were even touching them, especially Burkley. They had fun playing with them and I guess that's all that matters. And don't worry, I made sure their hands were clean afterwards!
On the last day, I realized that I was the one taking all the pictures, therefore, I wasn't going to be in any. So, to document that I was indeed part of the July 4th beach party, I had my mom snap a few pictures! And if you look closely at the pictures of everyone in the water, you will notice Brooks. Yep, he decided that he wanted to venture out on the last day! He kept saying that he wanted to go deeper!!
Can you tell which 2 pictures Brooks took all by himself?
The ice cream man had to have made a killing this weekend. He drove up and down the beach all day long! We for sure kept him in business!
If you can't tell from the collage of pictures, we had a BLAST at the beach!!! It's so nice having a place to go to relax and hang out with family and friends. I love that B&B love the beach just as much as I did when I was their age. I can't wait to make more memories at the beach with them! Hope everyone had a fantastic 4th just like our family!XOXO


No comments:
Post a Comment