...go tt in the big potty.
So, that explains my reason for being a blog slacker!!! Yep, last Saturday, I woke up and decided I was done with diapers. When Brooks and Burkley woke up, I took them to the potty with their big girl panties/big boy undies and explained to them that we were out of diapers (which we were not). They both sat on the big potty and went tt and were so excited. Each time they went tt on the big potty, they were given a sticker to put on their paper. Silly, I know, but it worked and it was cheap (and since I woke up that morning and decided that today was the day to begin potty training, I had to think fast and be creative)! I'm not going to lie, potty training is HARD work. Nightly feedings every 3.5-4 hours and breaking them from the bottle and paci were a piece of cake! Now, I'm not complaining, but I seriously spent every 20-45 minutes in the bathroom for the first 3 days. It was worth it for sure because they are going AWESOME. Both are wearing undies/panties during the day and only wearing a pull up at nap time and at night...and some days they wake up dry and some days they are just a little damp! Burkley has only had one accident in a WHOLE week and Brooks has had only a handful. Burkley is going tt and poo poo on the big potty and is telling us when she has to do both, but Brooks is struggling with going poo poo on the potty. He's had a few accidents in his undies and tells us he wants to be a baby and wear a pull up when he has to poo poo! I've heard that this is normal and I'm hoping that he will decide to go on the potty soon...or else, I'll have to tell him we ran out of pull ups!!
All in all, I'm a little sad to be letting go of the last "baby phase" but I'm thrilled to death at their progress. Daddy is going to get a pay raise now that we can scratch diapers off the grocery list!!


3 comments:
Go B & B!!! I hope mine do as well as it sounds yours have. Good job mama!
I dread the day that I have to cross this bridge! They sound like they are doing a great job! The sticker idea is awesome!
They are doing so well.Progress was slow at our house.
Post a Comment