Friday, January 27, 2012

Memories in a Picture

When I decided to have the kiddos pictures taken last Saturday, I knew that I wanted to incorporate Pop and Maw Maw in them somehow, but wasn't quite sure how I wanted to do that at first. Thanks to Pinterest, I came up with this idea and I must say, I LOVE these 2 pictures dearly!


I love this picture of Burkley holding one of Pop's handsome cowboy pictures and you really can't tell, but Brooks is holding one of Pop's belt buckles that he received from being on a committee at the Galveston County Fair and Rodeo. This was handed down to me because I am the only grandchild that raised animals and showed at the fair. I can't wait for Brooks to wear it one day. So special and so sweet...we miss Pop so much!

And I LOVE the way Burkley is looking down at Maw Maw in this picture. If you know Burkley and knew Maw Maw, you know that these two had the strongest bond EVER. It was so wried because as we were driving to take pictures on Saturday morning, she asked out of the clear blue if Maw Maw was going to be at home when we went to Nea's (my mom) house. I simply reminded her that Maw Maw was in Heaven with Pop and Jesus and that was the end of that. I often wonder what's going through their little head's...they lost 2 special people within 6 weeks. It's hard for me to process, so I can only imagine how hard it is for 3 year olds. The picture that Brooks is holding is a special little something that my mom gave each of her grandchildren for Christmas...everyone has a picture of them with Maw Maw so that they can remember her forever (and they also were given a necklace that I'll have to post).

Do you see why I LOVE these 2 pictures? They will forever hold a special place in my heart!