Tuesday, July 21, 2009

6 Month Dr. Visit

Although they are 7 months old today, their 6 month well child visit was last Thursday (7-16-09). Our pedi was out of town and for some unexplained reason I did not know that they now allow you to pre-book well child appointments 2 months in advance when I called to make the appointment. In the past, you could only schedule a week in advance. So, from now on, I will be scheduling well in advance! We had a great visit with Dr. Judice and we even got to meet the new nurse practitioner. And here's a few pictures to document their stats!

Brooks singing to Grammy in the waiting room!
The boy LOVES to hear his sweet little voice...and so do we!
Burkley just taking it all in...

Brooks weighed in at 17 pounds 3 ounces.
We all lost the bet...we just knew he was 20 pounds if not more!

And he's now 27 inches long!

Now...Little Stinky weighed in at a whopping 11 pounds 8 ounces. We have come to the conclusion that Sister is going to be petite like I was when I was little (I only weighed 18 pounds when I was 2 years old). Dr. Judice was a little concerned with her weight, but not too concerned. I told her what she's eating, how much, and how often and she suggested me offering her more milk...yeah right! The girl has a mind of her own and she's been like that from day one...when she's done, she's done!!! She LOVES her Yo Baby Yogurt, so I've been giving her that at least once a day because it has about 110 calories.

And she's 24 inches long!

Dr. Judice also said that is would be a great idea to introduce them to finger foods to help with hand eye coordination, so here's Brooks trying out some cheese. He wasn't sure about it at first, but he ate it and seemed to like it. I did have to help him pick it up, but it was so sweet watching those fat little fingers trying to pick up the cheese. I have also been giving them "puffs" and they LOVE them (I break them into tiny pieces). The first few times Brooks had them he would make the funniest face...I'm guessing it was the texture.

Trying yogurt for the first time...she LOVES it!!

Playing after their appointment and lunch...waiting for our weekend company to arrive!
We go back Thursday for the rest (2) of their immunizations so say a prayer for ALL of us...it makes me a nervous wreck!

No comments: