Tuesday, July 27, 2010

6 Years (and 3 days to be exact)

On Saturday, Cory and I celebrated 6 years of wedded bliss!
I remember that day so clearly...I wanted a HUGE party and that's exactly what we had with 500+ guest in attendance!
We didn't get to celebrate this year like other "normal couples" celebrate their anniversary, as it was Cory's weekend on call and he was extremely busy at the funeral home on Saturday with funerals around the clock throughout the day and one Saturday evening.
We knew this pretty early on in the week, so the kids and I made plans to celebrate with Nea (aka Grammy) and Poppy.
Poppy treated us to some yummy Mexican food and we turned in early for the night.
See why I said we didn't celebrate like a "normal couple" this year?
But don't feel sorry for us, because we are heading to the beach house this weekend SOLO.
SOLO, meaning NO KIDS...just the two of us!
It's been almost a year since we have left B&B for more than one night!
We can't wait to sleep in, lay out/nap on the beach, have a few "adult" beverages, go out to dinner, and just relax...just the TWO of us!
July 24, 2004
Sorry for the quality of pictures...they are pictures of a picture!



2 comments:

Marissa said...

Happy Anniversary! 6 years and I still remember the wedding like it was yesterday...SO FUN!

sweetpeanme said...

Gorgeous!! Congrats!! Enjoy your little get-away...that'll be so fun and relaxing!! I think I need to plan one of those for my hubby and I soon! :o)