Tuesday, April 3, 2012

HLSR 2012

So, I'm a bit behind, but over Spring Break, Cory, my mom, and I took the kiddos to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo for the day. Brooks and Burkley had been talking about it for weeks and were super excited about checking out all the farm animals.

Boots On = Ready to RODEO
Obviously, Cory's boot is the one in the middle. These boots aren't ordinary boots...they were my Pop's boots that were handed down to Cory after he passed away (he was the lucky recipient to several pairs). I LOVE that Cory is able to wear Pop's boots and I LOVE that Pop was a small part of our trip to the Rodeo this year. He was 100% cowboy and would have LOVED seeing B&B having a blast at the Rodeo. I know we made him proud!
My little Rodeo clowns ready to rodeo!Miss Priss sitting like a little lady!Hook Em'!My FAVORITE part...the pigs and piglets!Checking out the piglets!In awe!Milking the cow!Petting a show pig!And petting another show pig that was just weighed. The girl asked Brooks if he wanted to pet the pig and he did...except when he went to pet the pig, it turned around and Brooks pet the pigs hiney that was covered with pig poo! Go figure. We all got a good laugh and immediately cleaned up my little man. Thank goodness I had the Lysol wipes with me!Checking out mommy's future car (that's what I'm buying myself for their graduation)!In HEAVEN!!Nothing runs like a John Deere!Taking a break to eat some lunch! Thank goodness mommy packed a good lunch for them...they were STARVING!FRIED everything...thought I'd snap a picture of the sign since I was good and didn't eat anything fried!Licking those fingers clean!
Another great trip to the rodeo. I'm looking forward to taking B&B to our county fair in a few short weeks!

3 comments:

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

So fun!! I love the kids in boots- adorable!

amy said...

ohhhh that's what I miss about Houston the most! Cant believe your kids are getting so big! Adorable

Becca said...

How fun! The kiddos are growing so big and look super adorable in their boots!!