Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mrs. Scott, Mrs. Scott, Mrs. Scott...

...if I heard that name once, I heard it a million times yesterday! At one point, I told the kids not to call me that anymore just for kicks and giggles, so one asked if he could call me Holly. Several others informed him quickly that Holly was my dogs name and that my name is Hayley... not Holly (followed by "duh" under another's breath)! I wonder why they think it's so cool when they know your "real" first name?!?! So, as you can tell, I survived my first day back to work, but I'm not going to lie...it was a very long and hard day for me emotionally. I missed Brooks and Burkley so bad and it seemed like it took FOREVER for 3 o'clock to roll around...and I just HAD to have duty on the day I returned. As soon as I was done, I was out the door and on my way home to jump in the shower (to rinse all of the germs off) and love on my sweet babies. They both had the biggest smiles on their faces when they saw me and it made me feel so good. Gosh...I missed them SOOOOOOOOOOOO much. I've already started marking off the days on my calendar...23 more days until the last day of school...hopefully I can make it!

Honestly, I don't think I would have made it without Lisa's help (my intern and long term sub...she had to remind me how to take roll, sign on my computer and even refresh me what shared reading was...come on now, I was out for 6 months and I kind of forgot). I owe a HUGE shout out to Lisa...I know you read my blog, so thanks a million for all that you did for "our" kiddos. I will never be able to repay you for all that you have done...maybe inheriting some of my good ol' teaching items that I'm getting rid of will work??? She went above and beyond her duty as an intern and long term sub...our kiddos are so ready for second grade! Thanks again Lisa...you ROCK and are an AWESOME teacher!!!

Oh, and I forgot to mention how fun it is to pump when you are at work! Thanks to everyone who sent me well wishes by email, texts, or comments on my blog. It meant so much to me that you all were thinking about me and my babies. It was a rough day (I had several crying episodes throughout the day) and althought I was exhausted, I was alive at the end of the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It must have been such a long hard day for you! I haven't had to leave my guys yet, but I am dreading it! Congratulations on making it through. Its good for you and the kiddos, but I know that doesnt make it any easier! Great job Mama!