Thursday, April 30, 2009

God is GOOD

On April 30th of last year, I was driving home from getting a massage in hopes of it totally relaxing me for my second transfer that was scheduled at 12:30 the next afternoon (May 1, 2008). I can remember it just like it was yesterday. I remember waking up and trying to be calm, driving up there with mom and wondering if Cory was going to make it in time (since he was waiting on a family), getting all prepared for the procedure, walking into the little OR room for the procedure, and being able to watch Dr. Grunert on the ultrasound machine transfer two little embryo's into my uterus. I remember Cory and I holding hands and laughing as we watched one of the embryo's bounce off my bladder...any guesses which little one that could have possibly been...my guess is Burkley, but I'm not sure!

You see, tomorrow is going to be a "sappy" day for me. One, because I will be heading back to work (I know, I know...it's only for one month, but still) and two, because my life forever changed on May 1st. Little did I know what God had in store for Cory and I, but I am forever grateful and thank Him daily for the two most beautiful gifts that He has given me! Oh, and this week just happens to be National Infertility Week as well...so if you (or someone you know) is facing infertility, please do not give up hope.

Well, it's getting late and I better get going so that I can get in bed...hopefully I won't toss and turn all night long and "wonder" (or should I say worry) if my alarm will go off! Say a prayer that I will make it all day tomorrow without having a nervous breakdown...I'm sure going to miss my sweet babies and I know they are going to wonder where on earth their mommy is!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just found your blog through the multiples and more page. I wanted to introduce myself. I have mono/di identicals that were born around the same time as your beautiful babies! Congratulations on such adorable bundles. I'll look forward to keeping up with your journey as it is always nice to have someone to relate to!

amy said...

praying for you on your first day back! i know you will miss your babies like crazy, but your "other kids" are going to be soooo happy to see you! Just a few weeks- you can do it!!!!