Saturday, April 18, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

Geez...is it ever going to quit raining? It has been raining all day long and at times, it was really bad. Needless to say, Poppy didn't quite make it to LaGrange this afternoon. He picked up "Uncle" Craig and they made it as far as Nasa Rd. 1 and then they just "happened" to pull over at the Guitar Center parking lot-the rain never let up and the radar wasn't looking good at all, so they made a wise decision and decided not to make the trip. They are pretty bummed about not being able to ride, but I'm glad they made a smart and safe decision. There's always next year! The twins and I have had a low key day and I actually enjoyed it (I guess I'll admit that I'm STILL in my jammies)!! Cory had to go in this morning and wait on a few families and then he came home. He tried running back up to the funeral home earlier to meet someone, but he couldn't make it there because so many streets are flooded! He came in laughing because there were two guys on the next street over floating up and down the street in floats (and no, they were NOT children...he said they were about his age). ONLY in Alvin!!! Hopefully this rain will stop sometime soon...we needed some rain, but not this much. It's pouring as I'm typing!

This picture was taken last night. I turned on Baby Einstein's Baby McDonald for all THREE of our children to watch so that we could eat dinner. Holly LOVES this movie and she will sit and watch the entire thing...my mom has this same DVD and it's the only one that Kyla will watch, so Holly has seen it numerous times (I wonder if she has it memorized like my dad does?)!!

Look how strong my sweet little man is...he's kind of started squealing and making loud noises when he's on his tummy! So cute. Oh, and he's really rolling over from his tummy to his back. Burkley rolls from her back to her side and will be rolling over soon too!

This is what I saw this morning as I was pumping. Not the best picture because I was trying to take it with one hand, but isn't it super sweet? Brooks is trying to hold her hand and look at his eyes...they are glued on me (and yes, I LOVE IT)!!!

Since it was such a nasty day today, I decided to pull out and wash all of their rattles and things they can hold with their hands. We had a good time and I loved watching them play with the rattles.
And yes, I did sing Shake, Rattle, and Roll to them and they just smiled and laughed at me!!!

Holly is scared to death of rain, so you can only imagine how her day was today. She has not left my side all day long...she's been my little shadow. This is where I found her at one point today...I guess she thought Brooks and Burkley might be scared of the rain too! Such a sweet big sister protecting her babies!

Burkley was waking up and "talking" so Holly went in to check on her!

Our view from the living room today!
Look how full the pool is!

And this is the retention pond across the street from us.
I've never seen it this full...not even after Hurricane Ike.

No comments: