Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

Well, last night was opening night for baseball and you can bet your bottom dollar that's what "we" were and will be watching day in and day out for the remainder of the season (yeah for me...right). We didn't have peanuts, hot dogs, or crackerjacks, but we did enjoy pizza as we rooted for our team. We usually root for the Astros, but when they play the Cubs, we have to follow our hearts and root for the Cubbies! For those of you who are wondering, Cory's dad is originally from Illinois, so the Scott boys are all HUGE fans (remember, Cory flew out the morning after my second transfer for a Cubs game).

Just wanted to share a few pictures of the cutest Cubs fans ever! They aren't the best pictures, but you take what you can get with two VERY full and VERY sleepy babies who are ready for bed. Again, notice how red Burkley's eyes are! I think she slept on and off yesterday afternoon for about 30-45 minutes. She doesn't want to miss a thing!
Go Cubs Go!!

On another exciting note...Brooks and Burkley slept in their own beds last night for the first time. They've been taking naps in their big beds and doing great, so we decided to give it a try last night. I'm not going to lie, I really wanted to grab my pillow and blanket and sleep on the floor in their room, but I didn't. I got up during the night to check on them and they were snoozing away. They love their beds and I think they love being able to stretch out. They went to sleep around 7:45 and we didn't hear a peep until 5 this morning. We fed them and put them back down and they are still sacked out in there! Brooks should be waking up pretty soon as he likes to get snuggle time with mommy before his sister wakes up!
Have a Happy and Chilly Tuesday!!

1 comment:

Lea Liz said...

they are just sooo cute!!