...to my best friend for the past 6 months. On Monday, I decided to say "farewell" to this magnificent machine that allowed me to feed my two little ones for half of their first year.
It wasn't an easy decision to make and I wasn't ready to "throw in the towel" just yet, but my body was telling me it was time. And for the first time, I decided to listen and returned my best bud. This is actually the second pump that I rented...I blew up the first one...guess pumping round the clock every 3-4 hours wore the first one out!
See, my body was telling me it was tired. Pumping this amount was a shame...I got more when I was still in the hospital than I was getting the past few weeks. It would have been interesting to see just how many ounces I was able to get in a 6 month period...thousands I'm sure!!!!
When I noticed my supply was decreasing, I decided to introduce B&B to formula. I've been mixing the formula with my milk and they have done great. Our stash of milk in the freezer is dwindling quickly, so it won't be too much longer until B&B are strictly on formula...and baby food and cereal. So far, they both LOVE all of the fruits and veggies that have been introduced to them. Farewell pump! Our table looks so bare without you, but honestly, it has been rather nice not having to tote my "pump bag" with all of the belongings here - there and everywhere!!! I never thought I would make it a week, much less six months (with TWO babies)!!!
1 comment:
You did awesome, Hay, and you should be VERY proud of yourself!! I will miss you too, Medala pump. I will miss the whirring sound of you next to my pump's different whirring sound at lunch and conference every day! haha
Post a Comment