Wednesday, October 21, 2009

10 Months Old

IN 2 SHORT MONTHS
WE WILL BE
ONE!!!

I know I say this each month, but I just can't believe they are already 10 months old. I guess I better get on the ball and start planning their 1st birthday (especially since it's the same week as Poppy's birthday, Great Maw Maw's 90th birthday, and Christmas).
Things have been super busy around our house with me working at the school 3 days a week and with 2 babies crawling! That is in TWO DIFFERENT directions!! WHEW!!! Both are enjoying exploring every single inch of the house and are having a ball getting into things they should not! The coffee table is no longer in our living room, the ottoman is now being used as a barricade between my chair/the end table/Cory's chair, the sofa table is being blocked by the exersaucer and toy bins, and it looks as if my beautiful palm tree is going to have to find a new resting place for the next few months. Oh...and ALL the doors in the house are closed at ALL times now!
Burkley has been pulling up on EVERYTHING for several weeks and she has recently started raising her leg up like she wants to climb anything and everything..slow down sister! On Monday, she took a tumble in our bathroom and bumped her precious little head on the tile, which resulted in her first goose egg and bruise! I tried taking a picture of it, but you can't really tell she has a bruise (but you can tell in the above picture). She is clapping, playing Patty Cake, dancing, blowing raspberries, giving kisses, waving bye bye, and babbling all the time. She's just like the energizer bunny...she will go, go, go, until her little "battery" plays out!
Brooks has finally mastered crawling and is attempting to pull up to his knees. He will be standing in a matter of days too. He LOVES to hear his little voice echo in the house, loves to dance when he hears music (poor boy has no rhythm at all), enjoys swinging and being outside, will give kisses occasionally, loves to clap and play Patty Cake, and can wave bye-bye! I LOVE to sit back and watch these two precious babies interact with each other. They are so funny and so sweet!!
No, I do not stick my kids in a basket so that I can get "things" done. It was a fun little game that kept them entertained and resulted in them not wanting to get out. See...they were watching Old McDonald in the basket...stayed in there for about 10+ minutes.

And...I just had to end this 10 month post with a picture of the most precious pumpkins in the pumpkin patch. Two years ago, I never would have dreamed I would have two beautiful babies. There isn't a day that goes by that I do not thank God for giving me Brooks and Burkley. I'm the luckiest mommy in the world! Happy 10 months B&B!!

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Happy 10 Months B&B!

Googies Girl said...

Such a sweet post! They are growing up so fast! Your such an awesome mom & I can't wait to get tips from "the master" when our little one arrives!!
PS...don't worry, Brooks will find his rhythm - lol!
Happy 10 months B&B!