This past Wednesday, Cory and I took Burkley for her first ultrasound to have a baseline reading since she only has one kidney, like her daddy. The orders we were given from the doctor said that she couldn't eat or drink after 6 AM...yippie! She usually sleeps until 7 or 7:30 and takes her bottle shortly after she wakes up, so we had to wake her up at 5:30 and give her a bottle and pray that she would make it until after the ultrasound. We found out after the ultrasound that she could have eaten at her regular time...GRRRRRR!
Here I am with my little sweetie posing in front of the clock at Nana and PaPa's. 5:40...that's EARLY! We ended up staying the night with Nana and PaPa so that we wouldn't have to wake Brooks up and mess his schedule all up, but that didn't matter anyways because he decided to wake up at 5:45 and stay up!
Burkley and her daddy waiting patiently for them to call us back. Oh, I failed to mention that they didn't even have us on the schedule for today. Luckily (well...lucky for them) we were able to be "worked" in.
I'm here for a what? Burkley was so good in the waiting room. We sat off to the side and I was constantly wiping our hands with sanitizer wipes (don't worry...I used kid friendly ones on Burkley that I bought at Babies R Us). Cory was laughing at me, but I just couldn't help it!
We only had to wait about 15 minutes or so after we checked in, which was not bad at all. The ultrasound itself lasted about 10 minutes at the most and we were out of there. We will go every year for a follow up ultrasound. She also had to have blood drawn on Tuesday at the pedi appointment (horrible, horrible, horrible...all I can say is that I'm glad her daddy was there) to check her levels. They were suppose to call back Wednesday with the results and naturally they didn't. I ended up calling this afternoon and I'm excited to say that her lab work looks great and so does her ultrasound!
Wooohooo!!! This is OVER! I just LOVE this picture of my baby girl. She was such a trooper through all of this. According to the doctors, she has ONE healthy and beautiful kidney!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment