Thursday, January 15, 2009

I'm a BIG Girl Now

BIG NEWS...Burkley is a BIG GIRL now! She has transitioned from the small bottles she was taking in the NICU to a big girl Avent bottle. After her doctor appointment on Tuesday, we upped her feeds from 1.75oz to 2oz and she did an amazing job. We continued that all day on Wednesday and then bumped it again this morning from 2oz to 2.5oz and she inhaled it in about 6 minutes! What can I say...she's a growing girl. I even noticed a "little" bit of a double chin this morning! I will keep her at 2.5oz for another day or two and then I will bump it up again to 3oz. She'll be out of her preemie clothes in no time at all if she continues to eat like a little piggy! Cory and I are so proud of her!!!

GOODBYE NICU "baby" bottle...HELLO big girl bottle!!!

Sister in action this morning!

1 comment:

Tarah said...

Way to go Burkley! I am so proud of you! Can't wait to see you today! Love you sweet girl!
Aunt T