Wednesday, January 21, 2009

One Month Old

So today, I celebrated being a mommy for one month. Yes, that's right...Brooks and Burkley are one month already. Gosh, where on earth does time go? It seems just like yesterday that Cory and I were making the drive to the hospital on that cold December 21st morning. We were so tired, scared, nervous, and excited-so needless to say, the ride was completely silent!

This past month has been the best month of my life (and I'm sure I can speak the same for Cory). It's amazing how two little people can change your life forever. Words cannot express how much I love these little miracles...I just love them to death. I often just sit and stare at them in amazement-I still can't believe they are mine! I have prayed and dreamed about being a mommy for so long and God truly answered my prayers. Cory and I are so blessed to have healthy and beautiful babies!

Brooks and Burkley are doing wonderful! Brooks is now eating 4oz and Burkley is eating 3oz. They are both on the same schedule, which is great. During the day they eat every 3 1/2 to 4 hours and at night they go about every 4 hours (and sometimes a little longer). It hasn't been bad at all...I think it's because I have my routine down. We've recently gone on two outings! The other night we ventured over to Cory's parents house for dinner and then today we loaded up and went to my parents house for the day. It's nice getting out of the house (those of you who know me well, know that I like to go) but it takes a LONG time to get everything packed and loaded. We have to pack the diaper bag with extra diapers and outfits, we can't forget my pump and all of it's belongings, the swing, the bouncer, the bag with bottles and extra milk, Holly, and the dog ramp (since we got the Suburban and have Brooks and Burkley, Holly has had to ride in the very back-so mom and dad let us have the dog ramp so it's easier for Holly to load and unload). By the time we have all of this plus Brooks and Burkley loaded in the car, we look like the Grizwalds! It's a good thing we decided on getting the Suburban...I can't imagine how everything would have fit in my Tahoe!

Below are a few pictures of Brooks and Burkley on their one month birthday. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Oh, Burkley goes tomorrow morning for another weigh in. Let's pray that she's packed on a few pounds. How much do you think she weighs?

Our Future Ballerina's
Kyla (7months) and Burkley (1 month)
I made them matching tutu's and ballerina onesies!
Following in Mommy's footsteps...
My Future Ballerina

Following in Daddy's footsteps...
Future Funeral Director
Watch out Scott Funeral Home!

My PRECIOUS Sweet Peas!
Oh, how I LOVE them!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

WOW... crazy it's already been a month! Can't wait to meet those 2! So Rob and I are CRACKING up at the last picture cause it's a mini Cory! LOVE IT!