Sunday, February 7, 2010

PictureLESS Post

Ugh, what a day. I started off pretty good and then it all went downhill...and downhill pretty fast if you ask me. I did something so stupid yesterday and I'm paying for it BIG time now. Yesterday was gorgeous, so after we ventured to Hobby Lobby with Grammy (who is recovering from foot surgery, is on crutches, and was in desperate need of an outing), Aunt Shu Shu (who is due with baby Shea any day now) and cousin Kyla, we decided to go for a walk around the neighborhood in the wagon. Cory and I got B&B's coats and hats on them, loaded them up in the wagon, and I grabbed my camera and sunglasses. I walked over to Cory's suburban to set down my camera...all while thinking in my mind that I should not put it there just in case I forget it (but I wouldn't forget it, so it's good for a while). Well, guess what I forgot? Yeah, I went inside and never even thought about my camera until this afternoon. As soon as I went to get it, I remembered where I left it and I knew that it was GONE. I ran outside and checked to see if it could have possibly made the trip to church, breakfast, and to the funeral home with Cory this morning, but no such luck. We drove up and down the street looking for it and still no luck. Maybe someone walking in the neighborhood found it and will recognize us when they are looking at the pictures of B&B and will have the heart to return it. If not, someone now has a pretty nice camera and I'm just devastated. I cried forever about this. I know it's not the worst thing that could ever happen, but I'm so dang mad at myself because I knew I shouldn't have put it there. Lesson learned for me! I just wish I had my memory chip...and my camera. I've already been looking at the sale papers, but does anyone have any suggestions? What kind of camera do you have?

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I can't even imagine!! I am soo sorry! I mostly use a Canon Digital SLR. My husband is a HUGE Canon fan and we are allowed to buy anything else!

sweetpeanme said...

Oh no!!! I hope someone brings it back...that's just horrible! Maybe they didn't want it to melt in the sun so they took it indoors somewhere???

We are looking into getting a camera too before our kiddos arrive...we were leaning towards the Canon Rebel...but are still shopping. Let me know if you find anything good...


But I'm still rooting for you to get your old one back!

Kyisha said...

I know how you feel. I left my camera at a restaurant a few years ago while hosting a baby shower there. I remembered that it was there and called and they found it but by the time I got over there the place had went out of business. I didn't care less about the camera but my Disney World photos were on that memory card. I got over it because I had already print the pictures and I went out and bought me a Nikon DSLR which I love.

sweetpeanme said...

Thanks for the encouragement on my blog...its so unnerving when they just say stuff and don't explain it thoroughly!! *sigh*

Hopefully I'll get some answers tomorrow...

Paige said...

oooops! I have a canon rebel slr (the best i can remember from my great memory!) i think it is really easy to use and takes great pics - of course it does WAY more than i actually use it for. I need to read up on the manual, play around and get off the auto setting!!

Jenny said...

I'm so sorry! That is such a horrible feeling! When our house got robbed, all I cared about were my camera and video camera because of the memories that were on there. So, I know how you feel. Again, I'm so sorry. But, the upside is that I got a new awesome camera. I now have a Nikon D5000 and it's AMAZING! You can do so much with it and customize it to however you want if you buy different lenses. Anyway, I hope you find a deal on a new one! www.bhphoto.com is a great place to look. And www.cnet.com has good reviews on all things digital.