Brooks and Burkley's FIRST flight was a HUGE SUCCESS!!
I was sick to my stomach scared of how things were going to pan out on the plane and I honestly made myself sick for nothing!
See, on Monday, Brooks woke up from his afternoon nap with a croup sounding cough, so I decided to take him in to the doctor Tuesday morning! He wasn't getting any better (croup cough was gone, but he had the WORST cough ever along with a runny nose , throwing up, and fever), so I called Thursday and scheduled an appointment first thing Friday morning!
I'm so glad I decided to take him in because it turned out that he had DOUBLE ear infections!
YEAH...and we were flying in 2 days!!
Poor guy ended up getting an antibiotic shot and an oral antibiotic in hopes to clear up his ears super fast. Oh, and the doctor tested him for the flu too. I was on the edge of my seat the entire 10 minutes it took for the flu results to come back.
Thank GOD it was negative!
We followed doctors orders and gave B&B a dose of Benadryl prior to take off along with Motrin in case their ears bothered them.
Anyway, here's a few pictures I was able to snap to document their first flight!
Daddy, Brooks, and Colton waiting to take off!
It helped that our flight was during nap time too!
Approximately 23 minutes before landing (I know this because the pilot came on and this is when Burkley woke up)!
Brooks woke up 45 minutes before landing and sat on his daddy's lap and looked out the window!
Nana read books and looked at magazines with Burkley for the remainder of the flight...a whopping 23 minutes!
We couldn't have asked for a better flight. I'm so glad they didn't have any problems with their ears and I'm so glad they were able to rest!!
We couldn't have asked for a better flight. I'm so glad they didn't have any problems with their ears and I'm so glad they were able to rest!!
Stay tuned for more snow pictures!!!


2 comments:
What GREAT little travelers you have! A&A took their first flight during naptime and never closed their eyes the whole time! But they were good, thankfully! Can't wait to see snow pics ;)
I have never been brave enough!!! Both of my girls LOVE wipes too! How funny!
Post a Comment