Friday, the day my parents were looking forward to all week!
The fun in Crested Butte was over and it was time for us to make our way back home to Texas.
I think I can vouch for everyone when I say this was the BEST trip ever!
The kiddos were good, the weather was great, the skiing was perfect, and the time we spent together as a family was amazing!
They both were always willing to help out in any way and played with them for countless hours (even after a hard day on the slopes)!
Here they are all playing Connect 4 Friday morning while we (me, Cory, Kevin, and Mandy) are packing up last minute things!
He was AWESOME...never made a peep.
He played games on the Ipad with Colton, sat on Cory's lap and looked out the window, and stood up a time or two to see PaPa and Uncle Jimmy behind him!
As we were backing out of the oh so tiny terminal in Gunnison, Co. she fell asleep and she didn't wake up until we were taxing on the runway at Intercontinental Airport.
And the only reason she woke up is because she was laying on my arm and I moved so that I could grab my phone (yes, I did text my parents as soon as we landed to let them know we made it safe and sound and that we were on our way over)!
Again, I was SUPER proud of my little travelers...especially after the "Witches" comments that rode the shuttle bus with us to the airport in Gunnison.
She asked if we were headed to Houston and when I told her we were, she asked me if I had "drugged" my children with Tylenol PM.
Seriously, who in the world asks that and why on earth would I give my children Tylenol PM?
She also had her seat moved because she was on row 24 and we were on rows 22 and 23.
After the flight, I sooooooooo wanted to ask her if she heard a peep from my babies!
Honestly, I'm pretty sure I thanked God for it when I saw it!
Everywhere we went in Colorado had Mr. Pibb and I'm not a fan of it at all, so I had to settle for Coke (which I do like sometimes...but I'd much rather have a DP)!!!


3 comments:
Think we enjoyed the trip more than anyone---having all our "chicks" together. Love you all, Nana & PaPa
Girl you're better than me, I would have said something to the witch!!! I can't stand people like that!
I have to have my Dr. Pepper too! I remember complaining the last time I went to Disney World (long time ago) b/c they didn't have any DP. It was NOT the "happiest place on Earth"!!!
I'm SO glad you had such a great trip!! Also, ditto on the Mr. Pibb! I am such a Dr. P fan and it stinks that all the serve is stupid Mr. Pibb!
Post a Comment