Well, I have tried all day to upload the pictures from today's appointment, but it's still not working for some reason. I figured I would go ahead and update everyone on today's appointment with Dr. Rowe and then I will try to upload the pictures in the morning or later tonight. When I go see Dr. Rowe, I usually get the 8:30 appointment, but today I was scheduled for 10:30. When we got off the elevator, the waiting room was jammed packed with pregnant ladies and husbands and I knew I was in trouble when I read the sign hanging on the sliding glass window "We are running approximately 1 to 2 hours behind". If you would like to reschedule, please let us know". Okay, this was the first time in months that Cory was able to sneak off and go to this appointment and now we were going to have to wait for an hour or two. Thanks for calling us and warning us about the wait or calling to see if we would like to reschedule before we drove 25 minutes to get there. It seemed like they were trying to get people in and out as fast as possible and as it turns out, we only had to wait 58 minutes (I guess it could have been worse).
The ultrasound was fast this time due to them being behind, but oh my goodness. The babies have grown so much in just 3 weeks. There's not much room for them to move around and they are practically on top on each other...it's kind of sad. Brooks is now weighing in at 4lbs 10oz and Burkley is weighing in at 3lbs 9oz (she gained the most in 3 weeks). Dr. Rowe refers to Brooks as "Hoss" and Burkley as a "Feisty Little Princess". Mom told Cory's mother that she would get to keep Burkley all of the time since she seems like she may be a little bossy and Dr. Rowe said that he would watch her any time. I told him to give me his home phone number and he made it clear that it's not unlisted. He has 4 boys (25, 23, 21, and 16) so he would love to love on a little girl!!! Everything looked great and Dr. Rowe is so impressed with their progress as well as mine. He kept telling me that if I make it to 34 weeks that he will give me 4 gold stars and if I make it to 35 weeks that he will give me 5 gold stars!! Cory and I seem to think that he doesn't think I will make it much longer because he told me not to worry about scheduling my next appointment in 3 weeks. So, now everyone is breaking out into hives over here. It's really starting to sink in that Brooks and Burkley could really come at any time now. Holy cow!!! I have things laid out, but Cory and I are going to have EVERYTHING ready this weekend just in case. Tomorrow we are going to have a pizza and putting together party, so call if you would like to join in on all of the fun! We still need to put the bouncers and swings together and I need to create a list of what kind of batteries and how many I'm going to need.
I think that's about it for now. Hopefully I can get those pictures uploaded pretty soon. Thanks to Lisa (my intern) and Keila (another first grade intern) for coming over to visit me this afternoon. It's always nice seeing faces that you haven't seen in a long time. Lisa even brought cards that the kids made me and homemade tamales...she's spoiling me to no end!!!
Toodles~
Hay
Snow days in Texas
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment