Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy 32nd Cory and 33 Week Appointment

Yesterday Cory celebrated his 32nd Birthday. He had to work, but fortunately was able to sneak off for about an hour so we could have maternity pictures taken and then he returned to work for a few more hours. Poor birthday boy went to the grocery store and even cooked dinner for our parents on his birthday (he told me he's starting to feel like Mr. Mom). He cooked fajitas and all of the fixings and they were WONDERFUL!! Overall, he had a great day and was exhausted when the partying was over (so exhausted that he woke up with a cold this morning). Here are a few pictures from his last birthday with NO KIDS...next year, there will be two little ones on his lap helping him blow out the candles!!!

Happy 32nd Daddy-to-Be
(cake and beer...sounds good huh?!?!)
Making a WISH!!!

Me and My "Old Man"


And this picture has nothing to do with Cory's birthday or today's appointment, but I had to add it. I love doing silly things to Holly and this morning I decided to take her picture wearing an old shower cap that I have (yes, call me a grandma, but I do use one of these from time to time...when you need a quick rinse and don't want to wash your hair kind of day). So, here she is in the spare bath posing in her shower cap (we couldn't take the picture in our bathroom because Cory was taking a shower and I don't think he would appreciate being in the background of the photograph)!!
All ready for my bath!!!


33 Week Appointment Update
Today meant another trip to see Dr. Mike. Mom and Kyla were able to join me and she was wonderful again. She looked super cute in her Santa Rocks shirt and her little blue jeans! I was anxious to see how much weight I have gained from last week after eating a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner and several slices of chocolate pecan pie (to die for). At first the nurse told me that I LOST 6 pounds and mom about freaked...I just laughed. There was no way in the world that happened. I went to empty my bladder and weighed again (I was holding my breath and praying that I did not gain 6 pounds). As it turns out, I gained 4 pounds this time, which makes a total of 23 pounds. Still not bad considering that I'm carrying two babies in me and I'm about to deliver this month, but I was a little upset...I passed the 20 pound point! The good thing is, is Dr. Mike didn't even scold me for gaining 4 pounds this time. My belly also grew 1cm...from 37cm to 38cm. Heard two strong heartbeats and so far things are still the same down there. Dr. Mike is still hoping that I can make it after Christmas but before New Years...we will just have to see what my body decides to do. I'm looking forward to tomorrows appointment with Dr. Rowe. Can't wait to see how much they have grown! Don't worry, I will be sure to update!!! Oh, thanks Steph for coming by to visit me today. It was great catching up and getting to see you!!!
XOXO~
Hay

No comments: