I'm sure everyone has been anxiously awaiting this post about my appointment this afternoon. As you can tell from the title of this post, the twins will be here soon! I have not started dilating as of yet, but Dr. Mike said that my cervix now has a "dimple" in it, which means it's beginning to thin out. He's still so amazed at how well I have done with this pregnancy and that I'm still carrying them. He would love to see me make it until the week after Christmas, but he just doesn't seem to think that is going to happen. So we began discussing dates. Mom informed him that dad's birthday is on the 18th and Maw Maw's 89th (my grandmother) birthday is on the 22nd and once he heard that, he said that was going to be the date if it was fine with me (plus he informed me that I would be home the evening of Christmas Eve). I agreed on the date...how cool is that, that Maw Maw will get to share her birthday with her great-grandchildren? So we took a few pictures (which are posted below) and Lucy (Dr. Mike's nurse) told me that she would call and set everything up with the hospital and would call me and give me all of the details.Lucy called me back this afternoon around 4 and informed me that the hospital is booked on the 22nd, so I'm now scheduled for Sunday, December 21st at 8:00 AM. So...one week from this Sunday, Cory and I are going to be parents. Can you believe it? I'm not really nervous or anxious yet, but Cory sure is. He said it's starting to feel so real now that we have an actual date!!! Hopefully next week won't drag on...I'm sure I will be crazy by next Friday and Saturday. My IVF friend Kelly and her husband, Robby welcomed their little bundle of joy Anthony this morning and I was up every hour last night anxious for her, so I can only imagine how I will be the night before!!! So...that's the BIG news for today. Brooks and Burkley will be here on December 21st unless they decide to come earlier. Below are pictures from today's appointment with Dr. Mike and the nurses along with the pictures Cory and I took last week on his birthday. We had to take the famous "belly" pictures for each of their books. Take care and have a great weekend. XOXO~Hayley
12-2-08Cory's 32nd Birthday
33 weeks and 1 day


Not the best picture I know,but I wanted a side view of my belly
with my shirt down
Hay Hay and Kyla at today's appointment12-11-08
34 weeks and 4 days
Waiting PATIENTLY in the HOT and CROWDEDwaiting room..they were super busy today
(we had to wait an hour)
We even got to see the shuttle fly bywhile in the exam room
(I was actually walking out of the room
and Dr. Mike came running in telling me to get the
camera ready)
What a neat thing to see
Kyla enjoyed playing with the paper on the table
Me and Karla
Me and Dr. Mike posing in front of theGrandchildren Wall of Fame
(don't worry...Brooks and Burkley's
pictures will be added to that wall
or another wall in that office)
Dr. Mike lovin' on my babiesHe LOVED my shirt today!!!
Me and Lucy
Like mother, like daughter!That's my "spot" at mom and dad's
Look at Kyla checking out Holly...she LOVES looking at her!
No comments:
Post a Comment