Friday, December 4, 2009

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

So, the Christmas tree has been up at house now for about a week and so far, so good! It's still standing and none of the ornaments have been removed or broken as of yet, but the skirt has been ripped off a time or two! I hung a few cross ornaments at the bottom that would not break and little curious eyes and hands have touched them a time or two when playing near or getting toys out of the toy chest. I still need to wrap presents and put them under the tree, but I really don't feel like wrapping presents two and three times and I'd rather not have to pull my twins out from under the tree! Christmas is going to be so much fun this year and I can't wait. Last year, Brooks and I were discharged from the hospital on Christmas Eve and Burkley had to stay in the NICU for the next 12 VERY LONG days, so this year will be our first Christmas at home as a family! Oh, and just to let you know...it's still SNOWING!!! Here's a few pictures of our tree...enjoy!


Brooks and Burkley checking out the tree for the first time.
We put it up when they were taking their afternoon nap!
Burkley...so curious!
Brooks...not touching, just looking!
B&B after their bath.
I decided to decorate it after I put them to bed...figured I didn't need all the extra help!
And here's our tree.
I LOVE it!
My sister in law gave this ornament to me last year!
And can you see one of Holly's ornaments in the background (you can see her name, but look close and you will see the black lab face)!
Brooks' First Christmas ornament!
Burkley's First Christmas ornament!
It's kind of dark and small, but if you look real close, you will notice that this picture was taken of her in the NICU (hold on...I've got to wipe a tear or two)!
My Maw Maw always buys me an ornament or two each year and this is the one she bought for me this year!
Another ornament from Maw Maw!
I LOVE this one...because I DO Believe in Santa!
A close up of some of the ornaments on our tree...
and a few more!
I mentioned above that I don't have any presents under my tree, but I lied! These two (my little miracles) are the GREATEST gift that I have ever been given and I thank God for them each and every day! And I can't believe that it's already December and I really can't believe my babies are going to be ONE on the 21st! Where on earth did this year go???

1 comment:

sweetpeanme said...

It IS going to be a wonderful Christmas!!!!!!! Your tree is stunning!