Thursday, December 24, 2009

On This Day Last Year...

Brooks and I were being discharged from the hospital. It was a day that I was looking forward to and dreading at the same time. I was so ready to get out of that hospital, but I hated the fact that I was having to leave my sweet and tiny little princess there to grow and stay warm. She wasn't quite ready to come home, and I totally understood that she was where she needed to be and in good care, but it still was VERY hard. I cried on and off all day long and I dreaded making "that trip" down to the NICU to tell her bye! Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. Anyway, hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!!! Hope Santa is good to you! We are so excited to have everyone at home this year!!
Brooks ready to leave!
It's hard to remember him being this little!
On our way to Home Sweet Home! I know, HORRIBLE picture, but can you tell how much I had been crying?
I didn't want to leave her!
Mommy, Brooks, and Daddy Christmas morning 2008
Mommy, Burkley, and Daddy Christmas morning 2008
What a difference a year makes!
Brooks and Burkley's 1st Birthday Party

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

How fun to have both of your babies under the same roof for Christmas!!!! We actually have those same carseats! What a difference a year makes! I can't believe my babies will be a year old in February!!!

Googies Girl said...

So glad this year was better than last! Wishing you many, many more! I can't imagine how tough that was.

I had a questions for ya! I've seen two awesome wood toy boxes in your pictures that have Brooks & Burkley's names on them? Where in the world did you find those? I would love to get one for our baby boy!