Happy New Year from Our Family to Yours!
May you have a healthy and prosperous 2010!
2009 was a GREAT year!
On this day last year, our precious baby girl, Burkley was still in the NICU. We were told that morning that there was a good possibility that she might be discharged later that afternoon or that evening, but if you are/were a parent of a child in the NICU, you know what that means. Cory and I decided to leave after her 11:00 feeding so that we could go home, pump, gather our things, feed/change Brooks, and head on over to my parents house for our traditional homemade egg roll dinner. We had just walked in the door and were shocked beyond belief when my cell phone rang (around 2:00 that afternoon) and it was Burkley's nurse on the phone calling to inform Cory and I that she was going to be discharged. Brooks was quickly given a goodbye kiss and handed over to his Grammy while mommy and daddy hurried out the door. We were SO nervous, yet SO excited. What a great way to kick off 2009!
Mom and dad doing double duty!
So yes, 2009 was a FANTASTIC year for our family! I can't wait to see what 2010 has in store for us!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
4 comments:
what an amazing feeling! i also have a nicu baby, born at 32w5d and i remember his discharge like it was yesterday. i wish i could've bottled him up that small and kept him my baby forever!
There is nothing like being told that you are getting to bring them home when you were not expecting it...Same thing happened with us! It is crazy looking back at them when they were itty bitty. Fun watching them grow though too!!! Happy new year!
Awe! I loved seeing all the pictures of such a tiny little Burkley. They are both such doll babies! I hope that 2010 is just as great for you and your family!
Happy New Year!
amazing :) I also have twins, a boy and girl...just turned 15 mo. Level 5 bed rest at 23 weeks, in the hospital for 9 weeks. They were born at 32 weeks 4 days and were in the nicu for 5.5 weeks! When were yours born and how long were they in the nicu? I'd live to swap stories! craftgrl23@yahoo.com
check out my blog :)
Post a Comment