Friday, January 29, 2010

We Are...

TIRED of being SICK
TIRED of the RAIN
TIRED of it being COLD
And
TIRED of being stuck INSIDE!



But you would never know how tired these two little ones are of the above because they have played and entertained themselves pretty much all day today while I was cooking! I'm so glad that they are feeling better...it's been a rough week for us!
Since it was cold and rainy and since B&B are still fighting nasty colds, I decided to brown 6 pounds of ground meat and freeze it in baggies so that when we want tacos, spaghetti, burritos, or nachos, all I (or Cory) will have to do is pull out a bag and let it thaw out. Now, 6 pounds won't get us too far, but it will at least get us started! Tonight we had burritos with rancho rio taco meat, rice, black beans, chips and queso...and it was pretty tasty!
B&B love playing in "their drawer" in the kitchen. It's filled with koozies, tupperware, old plastic spoons, old plastic containers, and much, much more! It keeps them entertained for quite a while and allows me to cook, clean up the kitchen, or unload the dishwasher! I'm so glad my sweet babies are feeling a little better and I'm so glad they were able to entertain themselves on this cold and wet day!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

How sweet!!! I love it! I guess I need to get a twin drawer ready!

amy said...

so cute! I'm ready for nice weather too!! Hey- I was wondering what kind of embroidery machine you have? I've realllllly been wanting to get one- but wanted to do some research first! :)

Holly said...

I love how entertained they are by a drawer in the kitchen. I guess I will have to designate one for Koop & Khlo. So glad everyone is feeling better, we are waiting for some warm weather to get out of here too!

Lauren said...

Hello!
This is Lauren from Designer Blogs. You are the winner of our exclusive giveaway this month! You've won a free blog signature. Check our blog for more info!! Talk to you soon. :)