Sunday, January 24, 2010

Shhh...

...it's a SURPRISE!
Yep, my hubby (with the help of my mom and dad) planned a "surprise" party for me on Saturday at one of the local Mexican restaurants in town.
I say "surprise" because I knew something was up, I just didn't know where or who all was coming!
The dress...dressy, casual, hip. That's what he told me!
We loaded up B&B and headed down to Nana and PaPa's around 4 that afternoon.
From there, we had to "kill time" so we pulled into Logan's Roadhouse and enjoyed Happy Hour for about an hour!
I was told our next "reservation" was at 6:45 (and we left there at 6).
So now my mind's wondering (oh, and please keep in mind that he asked me the week before if I wanted to do something with family/friends or if I wanted it to just be the two of us).
He was wearing jeans so I KNEW that Vic and Anthony's was out of the question!
We no sooner get in the suburban and his phone rings.
And it's my dad.
No, I did not have a missed call (my dad said he tried calling me).
Anyway, they needed us to run by the restaurant because my mom had an outfit for B&B and she wanted to give it to me (the boys came up with this scenario)!
This is when I just busted out laughing and started yelling "SURPRISE" over and over again until we got to the restaurant.
It was funny and I was surprised when we pulled into the parking lot and I saw Matt and Tarah's suburban, Aunt Nan's Hummer, Don and Granny's truck, my parent's Tahoe, and Pop and Peggy's truck!!!
So, I pulled out my camera and snapped a picture before I walked in...but it didn't turn out so good!
All of the guest waiting to SURPRISE me!!
The party planner and I!


Dad, me, and Mom

Me and my besties
Marissa, me, and Tarah


Me (Hay Hay) and Kyla


Kyla, me, and Kyle (my brother)


Now this was a SURPRISE!
Brett decided to fly allllll the way from California just for my birthday!
Well, not really for my birthday!
What a surprise...it's been 2 years since he's been back to visit!


Pop, me, and Peggy


Don, me, and Granny


Me, Kyla, Aunt Nan, and Doug


Sheri, Granny, Kyla, and my mom sporting their new hats that Granny made them!

Kyla with her Uncle Cory!


Cory, Me, Mandy, and Kevin

Funny story...growing up, there were 4 of us that celebrate our birthdays all within the same week (Kenetra/Michelle on the 15th, me on the 18th, and Marissa on the 21st). We would either have slumber parties, skating parties, or ice skating parties together or it seemed like we were going to party after party for two weeks in a row. Anyway, it was so funny because not 10 minutes after mom, Marissa, and I were talking about that in walks Michelle to pick up her take out food! It was soooo funny and it was great taking our little picture like old times!


We had HUGE plans on going out after we had dinner, but honestly, sleep sounded way much better than sitting in a bar filled with smoke! It was a great night and I'm so thankful that I had my wonderful family and my AWESOME friends there to help celebrate the BIG 30! Oh, and I got some really great gifts too, but I'm thinking that will have to be another post. And in case you are wondering, Brooks and Burkley were not there because the weather was nasty. Thanks Nana and PaPa for watching B&B for us and Colton and Avery so that Kevin and Mandy could come!!!

So, I've said goodbye to my 20's and have welcomed this new era with wide open arms! Thanks again to everyone who came to celebrate with me!


2 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Birthday! You make thirty look great :)

Hattie said...

Happy Birthday! 30's are great well atleast so far...I've only been 30 for 11 days! ha! Looks like y'all had a blast.