Whew, we ALL survived the first day of MDO!
We are all exhausted, but we survived and are looking forward to day 2 on Thursday!
We ended up having to wake them up at around 7:15 so that they could eat breakfast, get dressed, load up and be there by 9.
Thank goodness I decided to get everything together last night (and I already have Thursday's things ready too)!
I really wanted to take pictures of them outside this morning with all of their "gear" on, but the weather was not cooperating and they really weren't into pictures this morning either!
Don't you just love Burkley's shirt and matching bow that I made for her?!
I had a severe case of the "what if's" again!
Because they walked right in and started playing!
THANK YOU GOD and thank you for praying for me!
Burkley wanted to hold her lunch kit for a bit, but by the time we were about to sneak out, she turned around and handed it to Cory!
And I'm so THANKFUL!
I did get teary eyed in the car, but I was just so glad that they both walked right in and started playing!
*Both crying on and off, playing with toys in between, having a snack, and doing GREAT for their first day!*
It broke my heart knowing that they were crying, but I know that is normal and that they didn't cry for long (or they would have called me)!
It feels soooooooo much better!
Then I went home and picked up the house and got everything ready for Thursday!
When I walked in, I could hear them talking and playing...it was so cute.
I just stood there for a second thinking that when they saw me that they would come running.
Ummm...YEAH RIGHT!
Brooks looked at me and smiled and kept playing and Burkley was getting her diaper changed, was talking up at storm and then got up and went to wash her hands!
Both had a GREAT day!
Cried off and on for a bit, but they are thinking they did because there was another little boy there that cried the entire time...might have scared them or made the nervous!
They went to music today and Brooks was the only one who danced to the music...that's my boy!
They didn't really eat, but that's to be expected!
And the biggest news is that they both took a nap.
I couldn't believe it!
I would have bet money that someone was going to have to walk Burkley around the church, but sister girl proved me wrong!
Overall, their first day of school was a HUGE success!
Thanks again for praying for me!
Here's hoping that Thursday is just as good as today!
I'm off to bed...preparations for MDO wore this momma out!!!


5 comments:
ohhhh I'm sooooo glad!! prayed for you & thought about you a ton yesterday! woohoo! My girls are supposed to go today, but OF COURSE... they're sick with croup! Ugh. I'll have to gear up for next Wednesday. Oh well- it's a rainy day here, so staying inside sounds nice. ;)
they are getting SO big and glad the first day wasn't bad and they actually had FUN! Here's to another great day on Thursday :)
yay! So glad their first day at MDO went so well!! I bet it was really hard for you but such a nice little break! They both look absolutely adorable. I love their bags!
Ok, I LOVE them! What cute pictures. I love watching them grow. There temperments remind me so much of K & K. Along with their sizes. ;) I hope Thurs is just as great for all 3 of you. I'm sure they will be just as stylin as ever in their cute clothes. Burkley's little blingin shoes are to die for!
HOW STINKIN' CUTE ARE THEY?!? Love those outfits! I'm glad to hear they did well! Hope tomorrow goes just as smoothly ;)
Post a Comment