Wednesday, February 9, 2011

WONDERFUL Wednesday

You know, Facebook can be addicting and somewhat silly at times, but on the flip side, it can also reconnect those who have lost contact over the years. Just recently, I was able to reconnect with Cari, an old friend that I grew up with. She and her family ended up moving away in high school and we just never kept in contact after that. But, honestly, I thought/think about her younger sister, Holly, ALL of the time. Holly was born with Cystic Fibrosis and I remember her always being sick and being in and out of the hospital. Holly is now 25 years old and has had it pretty bad the past few months...has been in the hospital and on a ventilator since September 25th. But thanks to an organ donor, 13 days ago, Holly underwent a DOUBLE LUNG TRANSPLANT and is doing INCREDIBLE!! I encourage you to take a few minutes and visit Holly's blog (www.hollyneedslungs.blogspot.com) . I promise you will be amazed by everything this young girl has gone through. From what Cari says (which is what Holly's doctors say) Holly's new lungs are BEAUTIFUL and love their new home! Although Holly is doing well, she still has a long road to recovery ahead of her. She's already beaten the odds, but please, please, please keep her (along with her family and the organ donors family) in your thoughts and prayers. Just wanted to share!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so cool that you reconnected. Glad she is doing better.

Holly's sister said...

Thanks for your support Hayley:) I'm so glad we got back in touch too.

Holly's sister said...

Thanks for the support Hayley. I'm so glad we got back in touch too :)

Googies Girl said...

I remember Holly very well from playing soccer & volleyball with Cari. My heart just breaks for what she has endured. Many, many prayers for Holly and their entire family. Thank you for sharing Hayley!

Anonymous said...

Wow Hayley. That was so sweet. It's great to see all you comments you made on my blog. Hopefully we can all stay in touch.

~Holly