On Tuesday, we spent the afternoon at Grammy and Poppy's house. Since daddy had to work late, we decided to stay and have dinner with them and then watch a concert headlining Poppy and "Uncle" Craig. My dad has recently picked back up the guitar and he's doing great. Burkley LOVED the music and Brooks enjoyed it so much that he fell asleep in Great Maw Maw's arms. Here's a few pictures to document their first concert! You ROCK Poppy and "Uncle" Craig!!!!
3-24-09
On Thursday, the twins and I packed up and headed over to visit Stephanie (my work spouse) and her new little man, Elliott. By the time we got there, I was already exhausted! Steph and I didn't even get to visit much because we were dealing with screaming babies, changing dirty diaper after dirty diaper, or feeding! We didn't get to stay that long because it was getting time for "the cycle" to start all over again and I really wanted to get home before it was time to feed the babies. And, here's a few pictures of our visit with Steph and Elliott! Thanks for letting us come and visit on such a short notice...hopefully we will be invited back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Burkley decided to pitch a screaming fit towards the end of our visit for some reason...I've NEVER seen her do this before. I guess it was a combination of being tired and hungry. Or, maybe she didn't like being surrounded by stinky boys!!!
Brooks fell asleep and could care less about having his picture taken.
(he still has no clue that we are taking his picture)
After we got home from visiting our new buddy, ate, and took an afternoon nap, I read this book to Brooks (Burkley was still sleeping...guess she was exhausted from her little fit). This book is AMAZING and he LOVED me reading it to him. The title is called My Very Own Name and it's about animals creating the perfect name for a baby boy that is born. On each page, an animal says a letter and why it's special and as the story is told, it spells out a name that has the perfect sound (it spells out Brooks' entire name). Burkley has the book My Very Own Fairy Tale and it's about fairies picking the perfect princess. Can you guess who's the perfect princess at the end of the story? You can get these books and other items at www.iseeme.com. Thanks again Aunt Karen and Uncle John for these fantastic books.
This afternoon, the twins and I met Grammy, Aunt Shu Shu, and Kyla at the mall so the kids could have their picture taken with the Easter Bunny. Brooks and Burkley did great, but Kyla was not a huge fan of the bunny at all (we got a super cute picture of her crying on his lap..those are always the best). I'll have to scan and post the bunny pictures later, but here are a few that we took in the middle of the mall.
Me and Sheri with our little Easter Bunnies
Brooks and Burkley 3 months
Kyla 9 months
(outfits compliments of Grammy...she made them on our new sewing/embroidery machine)
(outfits compliments of Grammy...she made them on our new sewing/embroidery machine)

3 comments:
oh my goodness- your twins are PRECIOUS!!! so glad you found Reese and Riley's blog! I LOVE finding other twin mommys and reading about your journey. It's crazy, but it's the BEST- don't you think?! :)
Reese and Riley's blog: www.reeseandrileyowen.com
My (amy) blog! lovestarbucksalatte.blogspot.com
oh- I got the signs for the girls' carriers from mytinyhands.com
:) There's no guarantee-- people still try to touch them, but it's at least a warning - ha ha! :)
Such adorable pictures! I love Burkley's onesie too. I can't wait for Eli to wear his on Easter!!!! We're going to pose him with the big bunny his grandma in KS sent him :) Thanks again for it!!
Post a Comment