Saturday, November 8, 2008

29 1/2 Week Dr. Appointment

Just wanted to update you on my last appointment that was Thursday, November 6th. I haven't gained any weight in the past two weeks, but my belly did grow (last time it measured 31 and now it is 33). I thought that I have gained a total of 19 pounds so far, but the nurse was looking over my chart and corrected me. I've only gained a total of 15 pounds so far (obviously I cannot add)! Honestly, I cannot believe that I hadn't gained any weight over the past two weeks, especially since I'm the one eating all of the Halloween candy (we didn't have any Trick or Treaters, so someone has to eat it...right?!?!). Don't worry, my babies are growing even though I'm not gaining a lot of weight...they are taking it from me (and I'm not really upset with that)! Both Dr. Mike and the nurse were pleased with how well I'm doing on my weight gain and said that I'm growing just beautifully. The nurse said "Girl, you are nothing but belly" and so far that's pretty much true.

I got to have my first pelvic exam on this visit and boy was that an unpleasant experience. I know it only took a few seconds, but it felt like eternity...YIKES, I don't look forward to having that done each week. So far, everything down "there" is normal according to Dr. Mike, which is good news. From now on, I will go back to Dr. Mike weekly and I'm not sure if Dr. Rowe will have me come more often since we are nearing the end of this journey or not. I go back to Dr. Mike on Wednesday afternoon and then I will see Dr. Rowe on Thursday morning (I can't wait to see how much Brooks and Burkley have grown). Dr. Mike laughed at me because he said that I purposely scheduled my appointments that way so that I can have 2 "outings" next week...and that's pretty much true!!!

So far, bed rest has not been that bad (then again it's only been a week). I've been able to go back and forth to my mom and dad's and lay on the couch and Dr. Mike told me that I can still continue doing that this week (but that could change after my appointment on Wednesday). It sure has been a blast getting to spend time with Kyla...she's so fun to watch and she always has a smile on that sweet face!! I did stay at home yesterday by myself and it was super boring...Holly and I pretty much napped on and off all day long.

Check back soon as I'm in the process of uploading pictures from my shower that was last weekend (are you happy Katie?!?!).

Take care~
Hay

No comments: