Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Did I Eat Rocks??

Well, I'm now 30 1/2 weeks! My appointment today went well. I've gained 2 pounds in the past week and boy did I hear about it (this makes a total of 17 pounds). Dr. Mike came busting through the door saying "2 pounds in one week, have you been eating rocks?" He also told me that I was going to be "as big as a house" if I kept it up. I just laugh and blow it off...that's just Dr. Mike for ya! I was a little concerned because the nurse took my blood pressure twice and she said it was a "little" elevated and then she had another nurse come in to take it and it was still a "little" elevated so she had me lay on my left side for a few minutes and then they checked it again when Dr. Mike came in. He said that it was a "little" more elevated then it has been in the past, but it wasn't anything outrageous (I can't even tell you what it was). He asked me what I had for supper last night and I told him I wasn't going to tell because I knew that what I ate was not on his "approved" list of things to eat! I finally gave in and told him that we had frozen pizza and he just laughed and asked if Cory cooked and told me to stay away from salty foods. That would include the following (actually what he told me to stay away from):
  • Mexican Food
  • Chinese Food
  • Italian Food
  • Cheese
  • Chips
  • Pizza

That's like everything that a normal human would want to eat...not really sure what there is left that I can actually eat, but I guess I'll figure it out.

No changes "down there" so far. He said that he could feel a little head this time, but my cervix is still long, hard, and closed and he was happy about that. My instructions are pretty much the same from last week...I can still go to my parents and rest on the couch (on my left side) and I can go to my doctor appointments and that's pretty much it. I'm hoping this continues for least another week or two. Will update again tomorrow after my appointment with Dr. Rowe. I can't wait to see how much they have grown (it's been 4 weeks since my last ultrasound).

Better get going...my chef is calling. He's going to make me breakfast tonight for supper (I'm sure that's not on my approved list, but I don't want baked chicken and I DO NOT eat seafood...so I'm screwed)!!!

XOXO~ Hay

1 comment:

The Brewers said...

Hey Hayley! How do you know Jenny Coleman?? She's one of my sisters really good friends from college...small world!