Yesterday was my visit and high tech ultrasound with Dr. Rowe (I go every 4 weeks to see him) and it was WONDERFUL. I just love going to him...he's such an AWESOME doctor and person. He acts as if he's known you for years and talks to you in a language that you can understand (rather than trying to impress you with his fantastic doctor vocabulary skills). Just an incredible doctor!!
As soon as the technician began the ultrasound, I was blown off the table (not really). Oh my goodness, my babies have grown so much in the past four weeks. We always begin with Baby A (which is Brooks) and let me tell you, the boy is going to come out ready to play football! Before I tell you how much his estimated weight is as of now, I want to tell you how they come up with these measurements (for those of you who do not know). They measure the baby's head, abdomen, femur bone, and arms and all of these measurements are calculated and it gives them an estimated weight and age of the baby. Now, are you ready for this?!?! Brooks is already measuring in at 4 pounds 1 ounce! He has a head and stomach on him for sure (not to worry, he's still within the normal range). He also has been in the same position (head all the way down) for over 3 months now. I think he's staying out of harms way! Now Little Miss Priss on the other hand is measuring right on track. She's currently one ounce shy of 3 pounds (she's 2 pounds and 15 ounces) so Brooks is just about a pound bigger. And unlike her brother, she has not stayed in the same position, which I was amazed by. The last time I was there in October, Burkley was also head down...not this time, she is now breech (AGAIN). I have no clue how she was able to maneuver herself back into that position, but the technician said if there is good fluid (which there is) then they can move like that easily. Don't really know how long she plans to stay in this position, but if I had to guess, not long.
For the past few visits, we've been keeping a close eye on Burkley's right kidney. It's still really hard to tell, but it looks like she is going to be just like her daddy and only have one kidney. We were a little worried and upset at first, but we have been reassured time and time again that it's very common and that she will live a normal and healthy life (just look at Cory). Her left kidney looks beautiful according to Dr. Rowe and we know for a fact that it is functioning well because her bladder is always full, so we are thankful for that. Dr. Rowe gave me a card to a pediatric urologist at Texas Children's that we will contact several weeks after Burkley is born just so he can follow her. I'm sure she will have to go every few months for a check up and then possibly once a year just like Cory does.
All in all, it was a great visit. This was the first time that I actually cried as I was watching the ultrasound screen. To see how big and healthy Brooks and Burkley are and knowing how far Cory and I have come in one year just amazes me. God has truly answered our prayers and we are so thankful!!! I have a few pictures from the ultrasound, but our printer/scanner is not hooked up to my new laptop, so I will have to scan them at my parents when I get a chance. Take care and have a great weekend...it's going to be a little chilly in our neck of the woods, so stay warm!!! Oh, my next appointment with Dr. Rowe will be in 3 weeks...HOLY COW, it will already be December 4th!!!
XOXO~ Hay



No comments:
Post a Comment