I went to see Dr. Mike again today and this time I had two visitors with me...mom and Kyla. Of course Kyla was perfect and everyone who passed by commented on how precious she is (like we don't already know that)!! She sure loved starring at Dr. Mike and when he talked to her, she would just smile (as always).
So, I've gained another 2 pounds...one pound for each baby and I think my belly is now measuring 37 cm, but I'm not 100% sure (I'm thinking that's what I heard him saying). I'm guessing that when I go back next week, I will break the 20 pound mark...I know it's not that bad especially since I'm carrying two in there. At least I will weigh in before our Thanksgiving feast!!! We heard both babies heartbeats and both sounded great. My blood pressure was excellent according to the nurse, so I'm assuming last week it was elevated due to the wonderful frozen pizza I ate the night before or the fact that they did not have me on the schedule and I was going to have to be worked in...which meant waiting. No changes "down there" yet, which is still great news. Dr. Mike was still able to feel out little guys head and I asked if he could feel if he has any hair and he just laughed at me...I just want to know if they have hair (especially Burkley because she's HAS to have a bow in her hair...mom and I have been making a ton of bows for Kyla and Burkley and they have all turned out really cute).
Mom asked Dr. Mike about setting a date for delivery and he said that it is still way to soon for that. He said that he would love for me to make it after Christmas or even after the first of the year, but it just all depends on what my cervix decides to do. Change can happen at any give time and I think the further along I get, the more we will be able to tell.
Just for kicks and giggles, I told Dr. Mike that I was going to the UT game on Thursday and I was planning on going shopping all day next Friday. He just looked at me like I had lost my mind. This will be the first year in many years that I have missed going to the Nutcracker Market and shopping ALL DAY LONG the day after Thanksgiving. Oh well, that just means I will have something to look forward to next year (Cory will have to watch the kiddos while I do the Christmas shopping).
I go back to see Dr. Mike next Wednesday, so I will be sure to update you on my progress after that. I'm just glad he's still allowing me to go back and forth to mom and dad's to get on the couch...there's much more action over there during the day and not to mention, I get to spend all day with Kyla!!!
Take care~
Hay
Snow days in Texas
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment