Wednesday, February 25, 2009

2 Month Appointment with Dr. Judice

Whew...what a stressful day for mommy. I woke up early this morning tossing and turning anxious about today's doctor appointment. The thought of my precious little darlings getting shots literally made me sick to my stomach. I have always been deathly afraid of needles, but I quickly overcame my fear when I went through IVF (I had no choice). Still, I hated to see my babies go through that pain, but they were little troopers. Dr. Judice came in and talked to Cory and I about how they have been doing and she was totally amazed with their growth and development. She said they are PERFECT and BEAUTIFUL (like we didn't already know that)! I love the fact that she takes her time and makes sure that all of our questions are answered. She's such an incredible doctor.

As you know, today's trip meant SHOTS, ugh. Dr. Judice wanted to spend time informing Cory and I about the shots that they recommend infants getting at 2 months of age. Cory and I agreed that the shots are important, however, we decided to split them and get some today and the rest next week. They were to get a total of 4 shots (one oral and three sticks) and one shot was a combination of three medications and to me, that's just too many different medications to give them at one time (it's my personal opinion). Today, Brooks and Burkley got the oral medication and one stick. My sister-in-law does this with Kyla's shots and she has done wonderfully...never gets fussy, never has any side effects, or runs fever. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I still hated it and so did they (and I know it made Cory pretty nervous too). They didn't cry as much or as bad as I thought they would, but it didn't stop me from getting teary eyed. Once we picked them up, they quickly calmed down. The rest of the day they were pretty sleepy and really wanted to be held and loved on...and that's just what they got. We are going back next Wednesday morning for a nurse visit so they can get the remaining 2 shots.

Here's a few pictures to document our 2 month check up!
He's a BIG boy!
10 pounds 13.5 ounces (25th percentile)
21 1/2 inches long (5th percentile)
Head Circumference 38.7 cm (25th percentile)

Growing Little Princess!

7 pounds 10 ounces (1st percentile)

19 1/4 inches long (1st percentile)

Head Circumference 35.6 cm (.5 percentile...almost 1st percentile)

***Keep in mind that the percentiles are based on a full term baby at 2 months of age. Brooks and Burkley are still considered preemies, but they are right on track where they need to be growth wise and developmentally according to Dr. Judice. She actually said they are growing just beautifully. She was shocked when she found out that Brooks and Burkley are still getting mommy's milk. I'm only like the second person that she has known to have twins who has nursed or pumped for as long as I have. I will continue to give them my milk for as long as I can.***

My big boy about to get looked over from head to toe!

Brooks showing Dr. Judice how strong he is!

Burkley about to get looked over from head to toe!

All done and ready to go home!
Shots STINK!

She's exhausted...I think!
Shots HURT mommy!

Brooks' battle wound!

Burkley's battle wound!

No comments: