skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Oh Brother!
So...Kyla, Brooks, and Burkley have inspired us (mom and I) and we finally gave in to our creative side and bought this incredible and fun machine!
Ha, ha, ha. I know what you are thinking! Why on earth would they buy this when neither one of them know how to sew?!? Again, we let the creative side of our brain talk us into this. We purchased this Brother 2500 sewing/embroidery machine about a month ago and are having so much fun playing with it. The place where we purchased it from offers free lessons, so we have been able to attend 3 of them (2 embroidery classes and one sewing class) and we can take them as many times as we want. I'm not going to lie...there's a lot that you have to know in order to operate one of these machines. It's not as easy as I thought it would be. Our first embroidery class was a "theory" class and I thought I was in college all over again. I took 2 pages of notes while mom listened and messed with the machine! The classes were very helpful in getting us started...but, we still have a lot more learning (or should I say playing) to do. This machine is AWESOME and has so many great features! I just wish I had more time to sit and play on it...by the time I feed Brooks and Burkley and pump, the 3 1/2 hour cycle is ready to start all over again!!!
Here's a picture of mom playing on the machine.
A piece of "practice" scrap
And here's several things that mom has made so far for the babies. I made a golf towel for my brother-in-law, but I forgot to take a picture of it and my mom has monogrammed several beach towels that turned out amazing (don't have pics of those yet). I also made some initial shirts for Cory and my father-in-law, but I don't have pictures of these either. Okay...here's what my crafty mother has made so far...


2 comments:
I love the things you have made!!!!!!! I have been wanting one of these machines sooo bad!!! But I keepy thinking how hard they are to use, but your stuff looks awesome!!! I just love monogrammed things!
I'm very impressed with your craftiness!! Love the fonts!
Post a Comment